It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4 upload of character ¬ is changed to , (comma)

Sung Chew (161912) | asked Nov 29 '12, 5:31 p.m.
Hello, I used RTC 4 to upload a file containing the character ¬ to IBM mainframe. The character was changed to a comma. RTC codepage was set to ISO-8859-1.
Any ideas why the char was changed?

Thank-you

Comments
Chris McGee commented Dec 03 '12, 10:56 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm not sure from the description whether this is RTC SCM or some other part of RTC such as work items. Also, is the file being uploaded to the server and then loaded onto the mainframe or is the mainframe running the RTC/CLM server? Can you please clarify?

Sung Chew commented Dec 03 '12, 7:55 p.m.

Hello, yes I running RTC 4 SCM on Windows PC. The file is uploaded to the mainframe running z/os and the character ¬ is changed to a comma character. Any ideas? Thank-you

Chris McGee commented Dec 04 '12, 10:31 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

To be clear I think you are doing the following:

• Checking-in or sharing a new file with your Windows PC to an RTC server, which happens to be running on z/OS
  • Viewing the file somehow either using the "Repository Files" view in the RTC eclipse client or in a web browser? Maybe loading your repository workspace somewhere?

Can you give me more information about how you are doing the second point?

Thanks

Karl Weinert commented Dec 04 '12, 11:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Are there any other non-standard characters in the file?
I have seen similar issues when files contain characters from different codepages

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.