It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Update existing Work Items with new custom attributes

Naghmeh Namdar (31168) | asked Nov 26 '12, 8:20 a.m.
edited Nov 26 '12, 8:22 a.m.
Hi,   

I need to sync existing work items, however the sync fails because some of the newly added (not very new though haven’t synced for couple of months) fields are mandatory.   

When I try to update their values (one column at a time) it fails again because the other required values are not set, obviously!   

Any suggestion on how to handle this issue is much appreciated.   

Something that came to my mind is removing the mandatory fields from operation behaviour, make the changes and when done set the mandatory fields back. Might not be very practical.   

Thanks   
 Nag  

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 26 '12, 8:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

there was a similar question recently. You have to temporarily remove the required attribute. You could probably create a special role that does not have the required properties, if you use an operation.

http://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/11/19/using-an-expression-to-synchronize-attributes-for-work-items-of-a-specific-type/ could help you with automation to synchronize the attributes when needed.
Naghmeh Namdar selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.