It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 6.0.6 M1- Eclipse quit unexpectedly error

John Williams (7348) | asked Jan 12 '18, 11:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hey, I am on the design team for Continuous Engineering and support the entire CLM portfolio. I need to check some things in the RTC rich client, but am encountering an "Eclipse quit unexpectedly" error. 

I am on a Mac running High Sierra and I have downloaded and am trying to open 6.0.6 M1.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything Java. I don't have a workspace defined from any old installations.

Anyone else ever encounter this type of issue or have any suggestions about what I may do to resolve?

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jan 14 '18, 6:25 p.m.

You can try the solution suggested in this post.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/240956/rtc-604-client-crashes-on-mac-os-x-10125

1. Right-click on the Eclipse application and choose Show Package Contents.
2. Get into the folder Contents, then MacOS, where you can see the eclipse Unix executable.
3. Double-click on the eclipse executable.

I have used this way to launch various versions of RTC clients for a long time now.

John Williams selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
John Williams commented Jan 15 '18, 11:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Donald. I can confirm that this solution works and I can now open RTC on Mac.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.