It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQMExcelWordImporter - Custom attributes and Test Cases bug

Anthony Paul (7021821) | asked Nov 22 '12, 9:46 a.m.
edited Nov 22 '12, 9:48 a.m.

Hi All,

I have been having a play with the Excel importer into RQM and have found a bug.

I am using the "Scripts that create testcases" template and it works great except for Custom attributes for a test case.

I created two custom attributes for a test case but the values wouldn't get populated. But I then created the same two named attributes in a test script and it worked. I eventually exported them to xml and noticed the problem.

The Test Script xml would look like this:

<customAttributes>
  <customAttribute type="SMALL_STRING">
<identifier>Custom_attribute_0_</identifier>
<name>testcaseCustomAttribute1</name>
<value>111111111111111111111111111</value>
</customAttribute>
<identifier>Custom_attribute_1_</identifier>
<name>testcaseCustomAttribute2</name>
<value>3333333333333333333333333</value>
</customAttribute>
</customAttributes>

But the Test Case one looks like:

<identifier>Custom_attribute_0_</identifier>
<name>testcaseCustomAttribute1</name>
<value>111111111111111111111111111</value>
</customAttribute>

<identifier>Custom_attribute_1_</identifier>
<name>testcaseCustomAttribute2</name>
<value>3333333333333333333333333</value>
</customAttribute>

If I edit the xml to look like the test script with the "<customAttributes>" at the start and end and then import it manually, it populates the custom attributes. Can someone have a look at this and let me know if I am doing something wrong or it’s a bug in the tool.

I am running the RQM-Extras-RQMExcelWordImporter-4.0.0.1 version against RQM 4.0

Cheers

Comments
Anthony Paul commented Nov 26 '12, 10:24 a.m.

Hi I was wondering if anyone had an answer to this? 

3 answers

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Nov 28 '12, 2:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Anthony,
I just tried with ExcelImporter 4.0.1 and use the sample "TestCases 001 with custom attributes.xls"?
I just tried with it and the test case is also with the <customattributes> section.

permanent link
Anthony Paul (7021821) | answered Feb 01 '13, 11:04 a.m.
 Hi I have finally gotten around to trying this out and here's what I have found.

When I use the "TestCases 001 with custom attributes.xls" it works. However I am using the "Scripts that create testcases.xls" file as we need to import both Test Cases and Test Script. When i edit the cfg and add this line at the end:

testcase.customAttributes identifier="test1".name="test1".type="SMALL_STRING".value="works"

It doesn't work.

Any ideas.

Comments
Anthony Paul commented Feb 27 '13, 5:30 a.m.

Hi anyone have any idea what it could be, and if it is a bug how do we get it fixed

permanent link
Manoj Khatua (112) | answered Mar 23 '17, 9:19 a.m.

I am trying to export test cases using RQM Excel Importer, I have modified the configuration file according to my Test Case sheet.
I am able to export the cases without the testCasePreCondition. But with testCasePreCondition, I’m getting the following error.

The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
Your account does not have the group memberships required to access the requested resource.

I am using the bellow line for Pre-condition.
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCasePreCondition","RQM-KEY-TC-PRE-COND-TITLE")=C

I have Test Team Member access on the project Area.
Do i need any special permission to export with testCasePreCondition?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.