It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I access test case template using OSLC?

Anurag Patel (21262) | asked Apr 10 '18, 5:45 a.m.

Hello everyone,

My requirement is I want check is xyz custom attribute is present in particular test case template or not? I think if I can access test case template then I easily get the custom attribute list and I can easily recognize which custom attribute is present or not. Anyone please help me to understand how to fetch template of xyz type from project area.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Apr 11 '18, 3:40 a.m.

I don't think the OSLC/REST implementation covers the template bit. What are you trying to do actually? Are you trying to determine whether a test case contains a particular custom attribute, or whether the test case contains all the custom attributes, or what custom attributes a test case contains?

Anurag Patel commented Apr 13 '18, 3:10 a.m.

My requirement is before fetching test case from RQM I want to to check whether desired custom attribute is present in particular test case or not? Or alternate solution is fetch test case template and check whether template has custom attribute or not. Please suggest any suitable solution

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Apr 13 '18, 4:21 a.m.

Although I still don't understand your use case completely, I believe you don't need to access the template at all, because you just have to fetch the test case anyway. Once you get the test case, all custom attributes will appear in the <ns2:customAttributes> element.

Comments
Anurag Patel commented Apr 13 '18, 9:29 a.m.

Hi Donald,

Thanks for your reply. But my use case is, If certain custom attributes are present in Test case then only I need to fetch the test case and update custom attributes of that test case. In short before updating custom attributes I need to check whether these attributes are present or not and if not present I need show the details.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.