It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 3.0.1 --> RTC 4.0 migration: version mismatch between the installed code and the database ?

Kenneth Munch (13522124) | asked Nov 20 '12, 3:21 p.m.
retagged Nov 20 '12, 4:14 p.m. by Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718)
I've just migrated RTC 3.0.1 to 4.0 on a WIN 2008 server. DB Server is SQL Server.
JTS and CCM (or should I say JAZZ, since this installation originates from RTC 2.0) migration went well. Server starts up. I can log on. But then I get this from the server status summary:

The "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.diagnostic.DiagnosticRestService" service failed to activate because a service that it depends on, "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.diagnostic.IDiagnosticEmailService", failed to be activated. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJAZ1972E.ID CRJAZ1972E
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.buildServicesMap(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:331)
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.doActivate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:678)
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.ServiceProviderActivationManagerOwner.getService(ServiceProviderActivationManagerOwner.java:129)
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.OsgiServicesManager.getService(OsgiServicesManager.java:281)
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.OsgiServicesManager.getService(OsgiServicesManager.java:290)
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.OsgiServicesManager.getServiceForRemoteAccess(OsgiServicesManager.java:577)
com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet.handleRequest2(AbstractTeamServerServlet.java:1971)
com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet.handleRequest(AbstractTeamServerServlet.java:1878)
com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet.service(AbstractTeamServerServlet.java:1754)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.ServletManager$ServletWrapper.service(ServletManager.java:180)
org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ServletRegistration.service(ServletRegistration.java:61)
org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.processAlias(ProxyServlet.java:126)
org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.service(ProxyServlet.java:76)
org.eclipse.equinox.servletbridge.BridgeServlet.service(BridgeServlet.java:120)
com.ibm.team.repository.server.servletbridge.JazzServlet.service(JazzServlet.java:68)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
com.ibm.team.repository.server.servletbridge.BridgeFilter.processDelegate(BridgeFilter.java:133)
com.ibm.team.repository.server.servletbridge.BridgeFilter.doFilter(BridgeFilter.java:154)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:224)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:169)
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:581)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168)
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98)
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn.invoke(SingleSignOn.java:336)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)
org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:987)
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:579)
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:309)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)
Caused by:
The "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.diagnostic.DiagnosticEmailService" service failed to activate because a service that it depends on, "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.diagnostic.IDiagnosticResultService", failed to be activated. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJAZ1972E. (com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException)ID CRJAZ1972E
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.buildServicesMap(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:331)
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.doActivate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:678)
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.ServiceProviderActivationManagerOwner.getService(ServiceProviderActivationManagerOwner.java:129)
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.OsgiServicesManager.getService(OsgiServicesManager.java:281)
... 39 more.
Caused by:
The "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.diagnostic.DiagnosticResultService" service failed to activate because a service that it depends on, "com.ibm.team.repository.service.IRepositoryItemService", failed to be activated. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJAZ1972E. (com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException)ID CRJAZ1972E
... 44 more.
Caused by:
The service class "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RepositoryItemService" failed during activation. (com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException)ID CRJAZ1092I
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.bindRequiredServices(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:258)
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.performActivation(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:629)
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.doActivate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:691)
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.activate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:181)
... 161 more.
Caused by:
There is a version mismatch between the installed code and the database. See the product documentation for migrating the Jazz repository. (java.lang.RuntimeException)ID CRJAZ1050I
com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RepositoryItemService.validateInstalledComponents(RepositoryItemService.java:259)
com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RepositoryItemService.doStartup(RepositoryItemService.java:215)
com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RepositoryItemService.activate(RepositoryItemService.java:136)
com.ibm.team.repository.service.AbstractService.bindRequiredServices(AbstractService.java:191)
... 165 more.

Comments
Bo Chulindra commented Nov 20 '12, 4:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

@derekjeter: Do you know of any reason your database might not be at the same version as your server after migration? During migration, there should have been a step named "Add tables". Did that complete successfully? You can verify it completed successfully by inspecting the log repotools_addTables.log in your JazzTeamServer40/server folder.

Can you verify that your server is connected to the correct database?

Your server logs may also have more useful information.

3 answers

permanent link
Kenneth Munch (13522124) | answered Nov 21 '12, 1:23 a.m.
Nope - the 'Add tables' step ran without problems. I'll trawl through the logs now...

permanent link
Kenneth Munch (13522124) | answered Nov 21 '12, 1:29 a.m.
Oh, the log is not there.
This installation runs on a VM. I think I'll start from latest snap, and go though both /JTS and /JAZZ migrations again. This time, I'll use non-virtual folders...

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 21 '12, 2:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would suggest to always install in a folder such as C:\ibm..... I have seen so much issues when using Program Files that I always discourage to use the default path.

Kenneth Munch commented Nov 21 '12, 5:04 a.m.

That did the trick. I have a running JTS, but for some reason, the /jazz application does not come up. Jazz.war is never deployed:

2012-11-21 10:40:49,178 [ jts: AsynchronousTaskRunner-0] ERROR service.internal.discovery.ServiceRegistrationTask  - CRJAZ1678E Error during service contribution registration from https://rtc.sanistaal.dk:9443/jazz/scr
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJAZ1670E Error updating service contributions for application 0171a131-f95c-4780-8daf-fcf7821c389e from https://rtc.sanistaal.dk:9443/jazz/scr

Any idea ?

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 21 '12, 6:33 a.m.

If you run on tomcat, delete the folder server/tomcat/webapps/jazz and try to restart Tomcat.

Kenneth Munch commented Nov 21 '12, 6:53 a.m.

We run Tomcat, yes. I deleted the folder, but the jazz.war did not deploy when server started.

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 21 '12, 6:56 a.m.

It worked for me so far.Can you

- Delete it again
- Run a shell AS ADMIN
- Cd to the server folder
- Run the server.statup?

Check the resources your harddrive has, how much memory is allocated to the machine etc.

permanent link
Kenneth Munch (13522124) | answered Nov 21 '12, 7:09 a.m.
Machine (VM) have 8GB memory, which is sufficient. I don't think, that the issue is lack of allocation, etc.
I ran server.startup as ADMIN (always), but got the same result.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 21 '12, 7:13 a.m.

Sorry, I have seen this case one time in the past and deleting the deployment folder caused redeployment. I have no additional options I am aware of.

Kenneth Munch commented Nov 21 '12, 7:30 a.m.

OK. Thanks for your suggestions. PMR up next ?

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 21 '12, 7:37 a.m.

I'd check the Tomcat logs for any issues, other than that, PMR.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.