It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 3.0.1 --> RTC 4.0 migration: version mismatch between the installed code and the database ?

Kenneth Munch (13522124) | asked Nov 20 '12, 3:21 p.m.
retagged Nov 20 '12, 4:14 p.m. by Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718)
I've just migrated RTC 3.0.1 to 4.0 on a WIN 2008 server. DB Server is SQL Server.
JTS and CCM (or should I say JAZZ, since this installation originates from RTC 2.0) migration went well. Server starts up. I can log on. But then I get this from the server status summary:

The "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.diagnostic.DiagnosticRestService" service failed to activate because a service that it depends on, "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.diagnostic.IDiagnosticEmailService", failed to be activated. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJAZ1972E.ID CRJAZ1972E
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.buildServicesMap(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:331)
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.doActivate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:678)
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.ServiceProviderActivationManagerOwner.getService(ServiceProviderActivationManagerOwner.java:129)
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.OsgiServicesManager.getService(OsgiServicesManager.java:281)
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.OsgiServicesManager.getService(OsgiServicesManager.java:290)
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.OsgiServicesManager.getServiceForRemoteAccess(OsgiServicesManager.java:577)
com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet.handleRequest2(AbstractTeamServerServlet.java:1971)
com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet.handleRequest(AbstractTeamServerServlet.java:1878)
com.ibm.team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet.service(AbstractTeamServerServlet.java:1754)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.ServletManager$ServletWrapper.service(ServletManager.java:180)
org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ServletRegistration.service(ServletRegistration.java:61)
org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.processAlias(ProxyServlet.java:126)
org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.service(ProxyServlet.java:76)
org.eclipse.equinox.servletbridge.BridgeServlet.service(BridgeServlet.java:120)
com.ibm.team.repository.server.servletbridge.JazzServlet.service(JazzServlet.java:68)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
com.ibm.team.repository.server.servletbridge.BridgeFilter.processDelegate(BridgeFilter.java:133)
com.ibm.team.repository.server.servletbridge.BridgeFilter.doFilter(BridgeFilter.java:154)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:224)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:169)
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:581)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168)
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98)
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn.invoke(SingleSignOn.java:336)
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)
org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:987)
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:579)
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:309)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)
Caused by:
The "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.diagnostic.DiagnosticEmailService" service failed to activate because a service that it depends on, "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.diagnostic.IDiagnosticResultService", failed to be activated. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJAZ1972E. (com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException)ID CRJAZ1972E
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.buildServicesMap(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:331)
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.doActivate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:678)
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.ServiceProviderActivationManagerOwner.getService(ServiceProviderActivationManagerOwner.java:129)
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.OsgiServicesManager.getService(OsgiServicesManager.java:281)
... 39 more.
Caused by:
The "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.diagnostic.DiagnosticResultService" service failed to activate because a service that it depends on, "com.ibm.team.repository.service.IRepositoryItemService", failed to be activated. For more details, open the help system and search for CRJAZ1972E. (com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException)ID CRJAZ1972E
... 44 more.
Caused by:
The service class "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RepositoryItemService" failed during activation. (com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException)ID CRJAZ1092I
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.bindRequiredServices(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:258)
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.performActivation(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:629)
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.doActivate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:691)
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.activate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:181)
... 161 more.
Caused by:
There is a version mismatch between the installed code and the database. See the product documentation for migrating the Jazz repository. (java.lang.RuntimeException)ID CRJAZ1050I
com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RepositoryItemService.validateInstalledComponents(RepositoryItemService.java:259)
com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RepositoryItemService.doStartup(RepositoryItemService.java:215)
com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.RepositoryItemService.activate(RepositoryItemService.java:136)
com.ibm.team.repository.service.AbstractService.bindRequiredServices(AbstractService.java:191)
... 165 more.

Comments
Bo Chulindra commented Nov 20 '12, 4:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

@derekjeter: Do you know of any reason your database might not be at the same version as your server after migration? During migration, there should have been a step named "Add tables". Did that complete successfully? You can verify it completed successfully by inspecting the log repotools_addTables.log in your JazzTeamServer40/server folder.

Can you verify that your server is connected to the correct database?

Your server logs may also have more useful information.

3 answers

permanent link
Kenneth Munch (13522124) | answered Nov 21 '12, 7:09 a.m.
Machine (VM) have 8GB memory, which is sufficient. I don't think, that the issue is lack of allocation, etc.
I ran server.startup as ADMIN (always), but got the same result.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 21 '12, 7:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sorry, I have seen this case one time in the past and deleting the deployment folder caused redeployment. I have no additional options I am aware of.

Kenneth Munch commented Nov 21 '12, 7:30 a.m.

OK. Thanks for your suggestions. PMR up next ?

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 21 '12, 7:37 a.m.

I'd check the Tomcat logs for any issues, other than that, PMR.

permanent link
Kenneth Munch (13522124) | answered Nov 21 '12, 1:29 a.m.
Oh, the log is not there.
This installation runs on a VM. I think I'll start from latest snap, and go though both /JTS and /JAZZ migrations again. This time, I'll use non-virtual folders...

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 21 '12, 2:44 a.m.

I would suggest to always install in a folder such as C:\ibm..... I have seen so much issues when using Program Files that I always discourage to use the default path.

Kenneth Munch commented Nov 21 '12, 5:04 a.m.

That did the trick. I have a running JTS, but for some reason, the /jazz application does not come up. Jazz.war is never deployed:

2012-11-21 10:40:49,178 [ jts: AsynchronousTaskRunner-0] ERROR service.internal.discovery.ServiceRegistrationTask  - CRJAZ1678E Error during service contribution registration from https://rtc.sanistaal.dk:9443/jazz/scr
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJAZ1670E Error updating service contributions for application 0171a131-f95c-4780-8daf-fcf7821c389e from https://rtc.sanistaal.dk:9443/jazz/scr

Any idea ?

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 21 '12, 6:33 a.m.

If you run on tomcat, delete the folder server/tomcat/webapps/jazz and try to restart Tomcat.

Kenneth Munch commented Nov 21 '12, 6:53 a.m.

We run Tomcat, yes. I deleted the folder, but the jazz.war did not deploy when server started.

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 21 '12, 6:56 a.m.

It worked for me so far.Can you

- Delete it again
- Run a shell AS ADMIN
- Cd to the server folder
- Run the server.statup?

Check the resources your harddrive has, how much memory is allocated to the machine etc.

permanent link
Kenneth Munch (13522124) | answered Nov 21 '12, 1:23 a.m.
Nope - the 'Add tables' step ran without problems. I'll trawl through the logs now...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.