It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I use a JTS V 3.x as "Floating client access license manager" for a JTS V4.y?

jan baeyens (6134) | asked Nov 07 '12, 8:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
The following link explains how to setup a JTS to use another JTS as "Floating client access license manager"
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.repository.web.admin.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_floating_licenses.html
Can this be done for a JTS V4.y client against a JTS V3.x server?
And if so can I use the same licenses for CLMV3 and CLM V4 or do I need CLM V4 licenses?
Best regards
Jan

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Nov 08 '12, 2:12 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I haven't tried these scenarios myself, but the standard compatibility story is that a version_x client should be able to access a version_x+1 server, but not the other way round.   So a V3 JTS should be able to use a V4 JTS license server, but a V4 JTS probably cannot use a V3 JTS license server (i.e. you have to upgrade your license server to V4 in order for it to be used by both V3 and V4 JTS). 
WRT V3 vs. V4 licenses, I believe you need to load in V4 licenses to use CLM-V4.

I'll ping some other folks on this question, so they can provide a correction if I got any of that wrong (:-).

permanent link
jan baeyens (6134) | answered Nov 08 '12, 2:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Geoffrey
Thanks for the answer. I'm looking forward to the confirmation.
Best regards
Jan

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.