It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do we create an admin role with support for creating/managing workitem templates? without enabling the rest of the process config?

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked Nov 07 '12, 6:37 a.m.
edited Nov 07 '12, 6:37 a.m.
we managed a single shared process config template. and have 400 child projects..

each want to create and (update/delete) workitem templates for their teams.

but, it appears the only permissions that allow workitem template mgmt is save process config, which is everything in the process config..  we can't allow that..

I have seen the 'fine grain control' delta config in 4.0.1 rc, but it does not address this issue
fine grained process config change

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Jan 09 '14, 3:22 a.m.

Hi Sam,
I don't see any work around for that. Anyway can you share with us how you managed to solve this issue?

sam detweiler commented Jan 09 '14, 6:20 a.m. | edited Jan 09 '14, 6:23 a.m.

we only solved this by using people and a centralized change process. none of the child project admins are given permission the edit the process config. they must submit a change request.

I submitted an enhancement request that extended the permissions tree to the data in the process config. so a role could have permission to change the defect workflow. but not the story workflow.
next layer down from the current final flag.

see https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=239779

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.