It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Edit/Delete User

Rijesh Puthiya Purayil (11141) | asked Oct 20 '08, 8:08 a.m.
Hello,

I have seen from previos post https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=262&highlight=delete+user ; discussion about similar querry.

I added a few users to my Jazz server, However, on the create user function, I missed the field for the user name. So I saved two users.They do not have valid names and I don't see a way to delete / add or edit the user name. In that case how do i go and correct the user by editing its properties. I think there should be a way, if anyone come across similar problem please reply.

There is a way to to archive and then create similar users with correct attributes, but thats not a good idea to have wrong user list existing in the repository.

Our user registry is authenticating against IBM Bluepages, but importing users not working. Is it still a bug with Jazz RTC 1.0?

Thanks in advance,
Rijesh.

2 answers

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Oct 20 '08, 9:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am communicating with Rijesh via email. Will post an answer when we resolve his issue.

--- Balaji

Hello,

I have seen from previos post https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=262&highlight=delete+user ; discussion about similar querry.

I added a few users to my Jazz server, However, on the create user function, I missed the field for the user name. So I saved two users.They do not have valid names and I don't see a way to delete / add or edit the user name. In that case how do i go and correct the user by editing its properties. I think there should be a way, if anyone come across similar problem please reply.

There is a way to to archive and then create similar users with correct attributes, but thats not a good idea to have wrong user list existing in the repository.

Our user registry is authenticating against IBM Bluepages, but importing users not working. Is it still a bug with Jazz RTC 1.0?

Thanks in advance,
Rijesh.

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Oct 20 '08, 3:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
>> cannot import users in Web UI

Rijesh was using IE to import users. The text box to search users does not appear in IE. After switching to firefox, he was able to import users

>> delete a user
We don't support deleting the user. You can only archive users

>> edit a user
When you open a user record in Eclipse editor, users have an option to sync the user properties with the information present in the LDAP directory.

--- Balaji
Jazz Server Team

I am communicating with Rijesh via email. Will post an answer when we resolve his issue.

--- Balaji

Hello,

Thanks in advance,
Rijesh.

Comments
SEC Servizi commented Jun 10 '19, 6:31 a.m. | edited Jun 10 '19, 6:31 a.m.
>> edit a user
When you open a user record in Eclipse editor, users have an option to sync the user properties with the information present in the LDAP directory.  

Is this option still there? We can't find it on v5.0.2.

Cheers.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.