It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Regarding categories in Test Data

Shivanand Divekar (621112) | asked Nov 01 '12, 4:55 a.m.

As per online help on RQM, it says that it is possible to define Categories and Subcategories to organize the Test Data in hierarchical way. However, when I go to Manage Project Properties, I do not see an option to create the categories for Test Data.

We are using CLM 4.0. Please let me know whether this is not supported in 4.0 version?

2 answers

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Nov 01 '12, 6:34 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 01 '12, 6:42 a.m.
Yes, this function is support in CLM 4.0.  Please ensure you have the correct permissions:

To add, edit, and delete categories, you must be assigned to a role that has Save Category and Save Category Type permissions enabled.

[Source: Defining categories and category relationships]

However, you should still see the 'Artifact Categories' section.  Can you confirm you see this section?

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Nov 01 '12, 12:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Shiva,
The support for category for Test Data is added in V4.0.1 which is planned to release in this month. Yes Categories are supported for other artifacts in 3.0.1 onwards but for testdata, you will have to wait till v401.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.