It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I get "Total Time Run" for Test Case Results as a column when exporting them to a spreadsheet?

John Youngblood (111) | asked Mar 15 '17, 2:43 p.m.

Hello, 

The project I am working on is using CLM 5.0.2 and I am currently trying to export 1,456 Test Case Results into a .csv file and want to have "Total Run Time" as a column (Yes I know this field isn't the most accurate, but my project has not been manually entering the "Time Spent" value). Sadly there isn't an option in the Column Display Settings for "Total Run Time" even though you can see is as well as "Start Time" and "End Time" when viewing each Test Case Result individually.

What I tried to do before coming to these forums is create a VBA macro for an exported excel spreadsheet with all the Test Case Results I need and their individual URLs. The macro opens an instance of IE, then goes to each URL and parses the HTML for the label tag that contains the "Total Run Time", but for some reason when the macro goes to the URL it doesn't get the usual view that you see when putting the URL manually into a browser (i.e. the URL doesn't change to the webview).

Any ideas on how to access that "Total Run Time" field, or even the Start and Stop times? Is there something specific I need to do with my VBA macro so that the URL changes appropriately when it is entered into IE (I can post the macro if needed)? or is there an easier way to go about this instead of loading each of the 1456 test case results URLs individually?

Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Mar 20 '17, 2:17 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

John,

I am not sure how VBA macro access the start and end time but you can use RQM REST API in your VBA code to GET 'endtime' and 'starttime' (check executionelementresult for testcaseresult). You can fine more information from RQM API.

Regards,
Mehul

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.