It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Plan Requirements Coverage by Test case" populates empty report

Rajesh Avanthi (10815137173) | asked Oct 31 '12, 12:12 p.m.
Hi

Under RQM 3.0.1.2  for one specific QM project, the  "Plan Requirements Coverage by Test case" report pulls NO data.
Ideally, if we have all the testcases, testscripts, requirments, TER's, and so on within the project area, it should list/ populate the data.

For Example:
Project:      Gives you a list of options
Report:      Unable to select any as no options are listed

Any inputs why the report field does not populate the entries?

Thanks in advance

2 answers

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Nov 01 '12, 7:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rajesh,

I'm not sure why the Report field would be empty.  It sounds like you've been running the report inside of a widget.  If you run the report in the Reports section (at the top, click on Reports > View Reports and then search for Plan Requirements Coverage by Test case), does the report run?

Also, I'm not sure if this report requires that the data collection jobs be run.  Have you run your data collection jobs recently?

Comments
Rajesh Avanthi commented Nov 02 '12, 3:11 a.m.

Hi Lauren

Thanks very much for addressing this question.

Yes, when i invoke the report from Reports >> View Reports and then search for Plan Requirements Coverage by Test case, I still see empty report.

There are a few other reports such as "Defect List" report which also shows empty.
I have executed the data collection jobs and was successful. Probably if data collection jobs showed unsuccessful run, then i think, for the remaing project area, I would have seen similar behavior. Correct me if i'm wrong .

Thanks in advance

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Nov 02 '12, 7:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rajesh,

When I kick off the report by clicking on Reports > View Reports, searching for Plan Requirements Coverage by Test case, and clicking on the report name, a page allowing me to customize the report appears.  For this report, the only customizable option I see is the Test Plan.  Do you see the Test Plan selection box, and, if so, do you see any of your test plans listed?

Comments
Rajesh Avanthi commented Nov 14 '12, 11:02 p.m.

Hi Lauren

I was able to figure this out :)
The datawarehouse connection configuration for the Qm/admin  was reflecting incorrect password. We then had to specify this credentials and re-run the datawarehouse jobs.

Done...!!!

Thanks for your inputs on this as well. Appreciated.

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Nov 15 '12, 6:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Glad you got it working Rajesh!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.