It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Executable property on source binary file not set in linux after the workspace load in RTC 4.0.0.1

Udaya Puthuraya (8811421) | asked Oct 30 '12, 11:38 a.m.
retagged Oct 31 '12, 12:04 a.m. by Sridevi Sangaiah (59179)
There seems to be issue in  RTC 4.0.0.1 with  file executable property in Linux platform.
A binary file with Executable set to  true  and Execute permission to all ( eg: -rwxrwxr-x.  copyiso )  and checked in and delivered to a stream using  RTC 4.0.0.1 client in  Redhat 6.3 x86_64 Linux.   to RTC 4.0.0.1 server.

When the same file is loaded back to workspace from the server with RTC 4.0.0.1 client, the file permissions becomes  -rwxrw-r--.  copyiso.  (No execute permission to group and others )
If RTC 3x client is used to load the same file  to the workspace from RTC 4.0.0.1 server, it loads the  file with right permissions   -rwxrwxr-x.  copyiso  (Execute permission to group and others)

This is causing some build issues  in Linux where there is no execute permission to  group and others.
Is this a  known issue  ?   Is there any work around or setting in the RTC eclipse client for this problem ?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 31 '12, 7:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Udaya, you asked the question already following https://jazz.net/forum/questions/91242/set-jazzexecutable-property-on-file.

I am not sure if the group permissions are covered and I don't run Linux.  I would suggest you create a defect or enhancement request here to get this solved.

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Oct 31 '12, 8:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 31 '12, 8:56 a.m.

Comments
Udaya Puthuraya commented Oct 31 '12, 3:39 p.m.

Tim,
That  is correct. It is the exact same question/issue. I was not aware of that post.
Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.