It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Executable property on source binary file not set in linux after the workspace load in RTC 4.0.0.1

Udaya Puthuraya (881421) | asked Oct 30 '12, 11:38 a.m.
retagged Oct 31 '12, 12:04 a.m. by Sridevi Sangaiah (59179)
There seems to be issue in  RTC 4.0.0.1 with  file executable property in Linux platform.
A binary file with Executable set to  true  and Execute permission to all ( eg: -rwxrwxr-x.  copyiso )  and checked in and delivered to a stream using  RTC 4.0.0.1 client in  Redhat 6.3 x86_64 Linux.   to RTC 4.0.0.1 server.

When the same file is loaded back to workspace from the server with RTC 4.0.0.1 client, the file permissions becomes  -rwxrw-r--.  copyiso.  (No execute permission to group and others )
If RTC 3x client is used to load the same file  to the workspace from RTC 4.0.0.1 server, it loads the  file with right permissions   -rwxrwxr-x.  copyiso  (Execute permission to group and others)

This is causing some build issues  in Linux where there is no execute permission to  group and others.
Is this a  known issue  ?   Is there any work around or setting in the RTC eclipse client for this problem ?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (56.6k23642) | answered Oct 31 '12, 7:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Udaya, you asked the question already following https://jazz.net/forum/questions/91242/set-jazzexecutable-property-on-file.

I am not sure if the group permissions are covered and I don't run Linux.  I would suggest you create a defect or enhancement request here to get this solved.

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Oct 31 '12, 8:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 31 '12, 8:56 a.m.

Comments
Udaya Puthuraya commented Oct 31 '12, 3:39 p.m.

Tim,
That  is correct. It is the exact same question/issue. I was not aware of that post.
Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.