It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[RTC] How can I find out which files in a SCM component where delivered between a given time frame?

Andre Gusmao (802540) | asked Jun 25 '15, 5:55 p.m.
I'm looking for a way to find out which files in a SCM component where delivered between a given time frame. I don't to look for the changesets, but for the files themselves. I have a start date and an end date and I want to know the files that where delivered to a given component in this time frame.
I've tried using the REST API to list the history of all files in a component, such as:

ttps://example.com:9443/ccm/service/com.ibm.team.scm.common.internal.rest.IScmRestService/history?workspaceItemId={workspace id}&componentItemId={component id}

But is not not exactly what I need, because I would need to build something to filter the XML and find the files delivered between the start date and the end date. I also took a look at the lscm command line, but couldn't find an exact match there either.

Does anyone know a simple way to do this?

Thanks!!

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 25 '15, 6:16 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't know the answer, but I'll make a few comments:
First, note that the a file (version) is not delivered, but rather a change set (although a change set implicitly delivers a set of file versions).
Second, note that a change set can be delivered to multiple streams, so the question is not when a change set was delivered, but rather when a change set was delivered to a particular stream.
Third, note that this information wasn't completely collected until 5.0.2, so your server will need to be at 5.0.2, and the information will only be reliable for deliveries that occurred after your server was upgraded to 5.0.2.

Andre Gusmao commented Jun 26 '15, 10:43 a.m.

Thanks for your comments Geoffrey!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Jun 25 '15, 10:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 25 '15, 10:51 p.m.
Did you try the command 'lscm list changesets' which takes in a workspace/stream and/or component and start/end dates. This is similar to the Search->JazzSource Control->ChangeSets... menu in the Eclipse client. It returns a list of change sets and you can loop over each change set and use 'lscm list changes <changesetuuid>' to list the files in the change sets.
Andre Gusmao selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 25 '15, 11:03 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

"scm list changesets" takes --created-after and --created-before parameters, but he was looking for "delivered-after" and "delivered-before" ... are there parameters to "scm list changesets" that let you specify those deliver date ranges?

Shashikant Padur commented Jun 25 '15, 11:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

No. You are right those are when the change set was created but not when they were delivered.

Andre Gusmao commented Jun 26 '15, 10:52 a.m.

Thanks Shashikant. I think that your suggestion to use the command 'lscm list changesets'and then loop over the change sets using 'lscm list changes <changesetuuid>' is the best I can get. Even though I can't get the delivery dates, I think the change sets creation dates will be close enough.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.