It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

problem during promotions

Angelo Corna (26148381) | asked Oct 30 '12, 6:17 a.m.
On my test environment, when I run a build promotion, I receive the following error message

* BUILD FAILED
* Time stamp for EMPOT.BANKDEV.COPYBOOK(BKM06GA) in the manifest file (1349445848000) does not match the one found in ISPF statistics or SSI (1351517149000).

All the builds (full or dependency) run without problems.

How can I solve this error?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Robin Bobbitt (59679) | answered Oct 31 '12, 11:33 a.m.
Angelo, glad to hear your issue is resolved. Can you please explain what exactly you did to get into your problem state? It sounds from the technote you linked that you were performing a rebuild.  Is this what you mean by a "normal" full build? What actions are you taking? 
Based on your comments, I suspect you are right-clicking a build result and choosing Request Rebuild, then selecting "Full" for the Rebuild type. To be clear, what that is doing is rebuilding from the files in the build result snapshot and using the old states of the system definitions. It's trying to recreate an old build result. It's NOT building from the latest version of your files. You should not be using this to do your build unless you are trying to recreate some old build outputs. This is not the normal way to perform a team build.
Angelo Corna selected this answer as the correct answer

5 other answers

permanent link
Robin Bobbitt (59679) | answered Oct 30 '12, 1:15 p.m.
Angelo,
It sounds like you have a BMS map BKM06GA.bms in the repository that is used to generate a copybook, and that you ALSO have a copybook MKM06GA.cpy in the repository that is being loaded out and overwriting the generated copybook when the program that includes the copybook is built. Please check your zComponent projects and confirm. Depending on why you have the BKM06GA.cpy in the first place, you'll want to delete the extra file or rename it (and update the depending programs accordingly).
-Robin

permanent link
Angelo Corna (26148381) | answered Oct 31 '12, 10:53 a.m.
Resolved.
After a full dependency build I'm able to run the promote successfully.

I think that the reason is described on this technote
 http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21503812

Attention.
In order to resolve the situation, you must run a full dependency build (you must deselect the Build changed items only option). A "normal" full build do not resolve the problem.

Bye.

permanent link
Angelo Corna (26148381) | answered Oct 31 '12, 11:52 a.m.
Robin,

the scenario described to you is correct. I made these steps in order to generate the error.
When I say "normal" full build, I mean an "Ant with Enterprise Extensions - Rational Build Agent" build.

Thanks for you help.

permanent link
Robin Bobbitt (59679) | answered Oct 31 '12, 11:56 a.m.
Ah! You should not be using the same HLQ in your Ant EE and Dependency Build definitions. That certainly explains it. Thanks Angelo. Glad you are back in business.

permanent link
Melissa Kivisto (2871021) | answered Feb 05 '15, 11:53 p.m.
You can now also choose to ignore the timestamps by checking the box "Skip timestamp check when build outputs are promoted", under the "z/OS Promotion" tab of the Promotion definition.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.