It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Source Control Label Decorations

Edoardo Comar (1652) | asked Apr 19 '10, 1:20 p.m.
The eclipse clients for SVN/CVS have flexible, user-definable Label Decorations (both fonts&colors) for outgoing changes and other specific state of resources. This makes it very easy, satying in the project explorer to see what you've changed.
I'd like to see something similar for the Jazz source control. It's not enough to see the changes in the changes view.

4 answers

permanent link
Jean-Michel Lemieux (2.5k11) | answered Apr 20 '10, 8:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We do have label decorations that show outgoing/incoming/conflicts/added/ignored, etc... what other information did you required? Or are you asking for some way to customize what you already get?

permanent link
Edoardo Comar (1652) | answered Apr 20 '10, 9:47 a.m.
We do have label decorations that show outgoing/incoming/conflicts/added/ignored, etc... what other information did you required? Or are you asking for some way to customize what you already get?

yes - customizing font & color for the resources affected by changes.
I (and others I work with) like to have really outstanding colors (eg red bold or yellow backround) for outgoing changes.
cheers

permanent link
Jean-Michel Lemieux (2.5k11) | answered Apr 20 '10, 10:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks for the clarification. There is a pretty old bug tracking this enhancement request.

https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/31406

It's not made it into a release yet.

permanent link
Edoardo Comar (1652) | answered Apr 20 '10, 11:07 a.m.
I've added font/color customization to that change request.

Looking at the Colors and Fonts preference page - do you know if it is open to external contribution? If so can you give me a hint to the extension point? I'd then play with writing my label provider for red bold jazz outgoing :-)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.