It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Automatic subscription of a Team Area

Liney Reis (1410) | asked Oct 29 '12, 4:00 p.m.
Is there a way to automatically (by the time of WI creation) subscribe the people of an especific team area to a workitem item so they receive email notifications when there are updates?

Comments
Liney Reis commented Oct 29 '12, 4:04 p.m.

I forgot to say, I already have an attribute called "team", I´d like to subscribe automatically all the people of the "team" Team Area.

3 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Oct 29 '12, 5:43 p.m.
before a workitem exists, or as a workitem is created?

I think you could build an extension that uses your 'team' field and auto populates the subscriber list for a workitem.
well, I know you could..

there is no builtin feature like this, and no feature to advise all project participants of a workitem.

I had thought about building these extensions, but ran into a configuration problem.
it would be nice if the user could decide which workitems to get notified for, but there is no UI capability to extend the product User Profile mail config for this type of function.

permanent link
Liney Reis (1410) | answered Oct 29 '12, 6:25 p.m.
Hi Sam,

As a workitem is created. Do you know an article or tutorial about how to build these extensions?

Thanks

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Oct 29 '12, 9:40 p.m.
see here Extensions Workshop
this is the one for 3.0.1 and it links to the 4.0 workshop equivalent.. it links to the Eclipse development environment setup document.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.