It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work with two streams

Stefan Leitl (112) | asked Oct 25 '12, 7:00 a.m.
Hello,

I've created two streams. First for release and the second for development. The first is flowtarget of the second.
Now my question. Is there a way to deliver from the second without accepting from the first?

Thanks

Comments
Manoj Panda commented Oct 25 '12, 7:27 a.m. | edited Oct 25 '12, 1:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Not sure, whether i understand your question. Do you mean to say you do have 2 streams names as Release Stream and Development Stream.

The Default flow target stream of the Development Stream is the Release Stream.

Stefan Leitl commented Oct 25 '12, 7:29 a.m. | edited Oct 25 '12, 8:55 a.m.

Yes thats what I mean.

My intention is that I make my releases on the Main-Stream. For a bugfix I will create a stream from the release-snapshot. Then I fix it on "Bugfix - Stream" and create a new release with this stream. Then I want to merge my changes into the "main - stream".

Stefan Leitl commented Oct 25 '12, 10:15 a.m. | edited Oct 25 '12, 1:43 p.m.

Yes thats what I mean.

My intention is that I make my releases on the Main-Stream. For a bugfix I will create a stream from the release-snapshot. Then I fix it on "Bugfix - Stream" and create a new release with this stream. Then I want to merge my changes into the "main - stream".

One answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Oct 25 '12, 11:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The workspace that you used to fix the bug on the "bugfix" stream can flow to the release stream or any other stream where you want the fix. Then you can deliver that change set as long as there aren't any gaps.

You could also associate a work item to the change set. When you switch back to a repository workspace for the main stream, you can accept the change set from the work item and then deliver.

Whatever method you choose, the key concept is you're delivering the change to both streams. You will need a repository workspace that has the change so you can deliver it to your target streams.

Comments
Stefan Leitl commented Oct 25 '12, 11:25 a.m. | edited Oct 25 '12, 1:44 p.m.

Ok,

my problem is that I can not choose a flowdirection. If there are outgoings on the release-stream I've to accept it on the bugfix-stream before I  can deliver my bufixes.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 25 '12, 1:52 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Just because there are changes available doesn't meant that you have to accept them.   But if the changes in your bugfix-stream conflict with the changes in the release-stream, then you will have to accept both set of changes into a workspace to perform the merge, and then deliver the result to the appropriate stream.

Note: There is a work item requesting that you be able to declare the direction of flow, to help you avoid making mistakes in change flow: support directed flows throughout Jazz Source Control (160738) .   You may want to add a comment to that work item indicating your interest/support.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.