It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

WORKITEMS_SNAPSHOT is not showing any table list from Birt Plugin

Kabir Ahmed (263) | asked Jun 25 '15, 5:04 a.m.
edited Jun 25 '15, 10:18 a.m.
Hello ,

I am trying to follow tutorials available on the internet about creating custom reports with BIRT - However I am not able to see any tables when I select WORKITEMS_SNAPSHOT as my data source and try to create data set from it. Other Snapshots e.g. Live Snapshot gives me back result . Any idea / help about why WORKITEMS_SNAPSHOT is not returning tables information will be greatly appreciated. My Configurations as follows

BIRT

BIRT Chart Framework    2.6.2.r262_v20101008
  BIRT Chart OSGi Runtime Feature    2.6.2.r262_v20101025
  BIRT Chart OSGi Runtime SDK Feature    2.6.2.r262_v20101025
  BIRT Example Source Feature    2.6.2.r262_v20101008
  BIRT Framework    2.6.2.r262_v20101008

Eclipse :
Version: Helios Release
Build id: 20100617-1415

RTC

Rational Team Concert
Version: 4.0.0.1
Build id: RTC-I20120911-1740

Thanks in advance
kabir

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jul 01 '15, 3:29 a.m.

If you check the .metadata/.log file, can you see any errors?

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 01 '15, 4:54 a.m. | edited Jul 01 '15, 4:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The other thing to mention is that there needs to be data there. The data collection jobs need to be running, have to have already run once successfully, and there need to be work items that actually contribute.

Thank you for providing all the environment details in your question!

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 01 '15, 5:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you check if the WORKITEMS_SNAPSHOT is run in the report section?
Do you have a production server - that runs the whole time? The data collection job in 4.x is run once a night. Does it maybe collide with the nightly reboot time?

If it is a test system, can you run the collection job manually?

Kabir Ahmed commented Jul 03 '15, 5:11 a.m. | edited Jul 03 '15, 5:15 a.m.

@Donald : There is nothing in the log file. just to make sure i deleted the content and kept file empty . Create Data Set which did not returned any table in the UI and there was no entry appeared in the log as well.

@Ralph : Sure Data is there , we are running reports from web UI - I think this not related to data ( i may be wrong though) but i am not seeing Table name under Fact Information Window of data set creation wizard.

about your question Can you check if the WORKITEMS_SNAPSHOT is run in the report section?: Not sure how to do that can you guide me a bit to do this ?

Much appreciated your response, is there any work around creating custom reports  ? We are really in need of doing this and I want to get rid of excel export and fiddling with data in excel to generate charts and reports

Donald Nong commented Jul 03 '15, 5:27 a.m. | edited Jul 03 '15, 5:28 a.m.

The WORKITEMS_SNAPSHOT corresponds to the data collection job "Work Items". So make sure this job has been run successfully.
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DataWarehouseSnapshotSchemas20

Kabir Ahmed commented Jul 03 '15, 5:53 a.m. | edited Jul 03 '15, 6:30 a.m.

Hi Donal,

Thanks for responding. I have glanced through the link you provided. It does explain what a snapshot is however I am not sure how to run the data collection job. I dont have administrator access to server . is that what only can be done by administrator ? any pointer are much appreciated. 

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kabir Ahmed (263) | answered Jul 09 '15, 8:57 a.m.
Hello Donald and Ralph

Thank you for your input - The issue has been resolved for me at least. I discovered that our Server Version was 5.0.2 but the client i was using was Version: 4.0.0.1 - This morning i installed client for 5.0.2 from IBM installation manager and Bingo - I could see the tables coming in for Work item snapshot.

Thanks again for pointing me to some useful resources.

Best regards
kabir

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.