It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Could not save work item. Illegal URI format

Doug Oreilly (2768) | asked Jun 27 '14, 3:09 p.m.
edited Jun 27 '14, 5:43 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)

When trying to create an artifact in RTC under the Links > Add>  Related Artifacts

I am presented with a popup for

Add Link: Related Artifacts
Resource URL:
Comment:

When I got to add in the path to a drive such as the following it

N:\Stuff1\Thing\Stuff\Unit Testing\Story 1234 - Develop it

I get an error saying the following... is there a way around this?  can I really not insert a link to that?

Could not save wrok item.  Illegal URI format

Accepted answer

permanent link
Robert Wen (690412) | answered Jun 27 '14, 3:57 p.m.
edited Jun 27 '14, 3:58 p.m.
 a drive mapping is not a URI.  I think what you're looking for is something like this:

file://(machine name)/N$/Stuff1/Thing/Stuff/Unit Testing/Story 1234

Doug Oreilly selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Jun 27 '14, 5:45 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

And note that a link to a file on disk will only be useful to a user that has that file system mounted with that name on their local machine.

Doug Oreilly commented Jun 30 '14, 11:22 a.m. | edited Aug 06 '14, 12:24 a.m.

thanks....   The drive mapping works but as Geoffrey said that has the potential for issues.

sam detweiler commented Jun 30 '14, 12:05 p.m.

and currently there is no logical volume naming support. I built a prototype for this back in the 3.0.1 days where you could navigate to the remote file system volume, save the attachment, and someone on another system could open it. without having to use the hard coded file://drive://.. related artifact entry.

web open worked ok too.. web create attachment didn't cause of the new web security that hide the actual file volume/path name for anti-virus support.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.