It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JTS server goes down with error : CRJAZ1413E A connection to the database could not be acquired in 3000 ms.

Raj Kapoor (2742031) | asked Oct 22 '12, 1:32 p.m.
retagged May 25 '13, 4:34 p.m. by Scott Rich (57136)
 JTS log-

ERROR repository.service.internal. rdb.JDBCConnectionPool  - CRJAZ1413E A connection to the database could not be acquired in 3000 ms.  This can happen if your server is under very high load, or if your DB server is not powerful enough to quickly process the requests from this server.  The primary resolution to this problem is to use a more powerful DB server.  If this problem is intermittent, increasing the JDBC Connection Pool Size or JDBC Connection Pool Wait Time properties in the Advanced Properties page might help you avoid the problem in those rare cases.

JTS version 3.0.0.1

No error on SQL DB log.

4 answers

permanent link
Jared Russell (1.3k12019) | answered Oct 23 '12, 5:22 a.m.
 This is a known issue in 3.0.1, upgrading to 3.0.1.3+ should fix the issue.

Comments
Raj Kapoor commented Oct 23 '12, 8:57 a.m.

Why the issue started suddenly in this version as our team was using that from last 6 months?

We can upgrade  to 3.0.1.3 but it really solves the issue as I still don't know the root cause of it.

Jared Russell commented Oct 23 '12, 9:47 a.m.

No idea - we had exactly the same behaviour, had been using 3.0.1.2 for quite a while and suddenly started seeing this issue.

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Oct 22 '12, 3:52 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Raj,

Is this happening frequently?  If there are no errors in the SQL Server error.log, then the likely cause is latency between the DB and CLM server.  Can you also confirm the version of CLM you are using?  Is it 3.0.1?  Does increasing the Connection Pool Wait Time to a value like 10000 help, or does it still time out then?

Comments
Raj Kapoor commented Oct 23 '12, 3:24 a.m.

Version-CLM 3.0.0.1,

Issue is happening at 1:00 AM in morning(load is minimum), increasing the Connection Pool Wait Time should not make much difference.

Its happening very frequently.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Oct 23 '12, 3:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I believe some jobs such as data collection jobs are scheduled over night. You might want to check the scheduled times in the advanced properties.

Are you running the whole deployment? I have seen cases where the operations/infrastructure teams quiescence databases e.g. for backup over night. I would try to look into if there is something like tat happening too.

In general look at the etl logs, general CLM logs.

Comments
Raj Kapoor commented Oct 23 '12, 8:53 a.m. | edited Oct 23 '12, 8:55 a.m.

No error in ETL logs but Data Collection Jobs are failing with no error anywhere.Its not also giving failed message(just no entry in data collection Job report).

JDBC connection Pool size is set to 128, should I increase it to higher size?What's the impact of that?

permanent link
Rajat Singh (59833545) | answered Oct 23 '12, 4:21 a.m.
Yes, Could you please check the etl logs.
The dataware house jobs consume a huge amount of memory by fetching all the data pumped into the server.
I assume, this should be overloading the server.

Best Regards
Rajat

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.