It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it Possible to Extract a Work Item's Discussion Using BIRT?

Andrew Trobec (49712144139) | asked Oct 21 '12, 12:07 p.m.
Hello All,

I am using RTC 3.0.1.1.

I would like to know whether it is possible to extract a work item's discussion using BIRT.  If so, which snapshot will the information be available under?

Thank you and best regards,

Andrew

3 answers

permanent link
Andrew Trobec (49712144139) | answered Oct 26 '12, 8:42 a.m.
Here's an update:

I've done some snapshot digging and the most I've managed to come up with is the internalId of the comment for a work item.  I found this under:

Snapshot: Live Snapshot
Table: com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem
Column: internalComments.internalId

All I have to do now is find the String value associated with the internalId, but I can't find it anywhere!

Could somebody give me a hand?

Regards,

Andrew

permanent link
Denis Maliarevich (47712) | answered Oct 16 '13, 10:12 a.m.
Is there any success with comments form WI ?
I have the same problem - I cannot find information about comments (especially about the content and creation date).
Can anybody help me?

permanent link
Paul Rinaldi (31149) | answered Apr 15 '16, 2:36 p.m.
 Andrew, any luck in joining com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem to another table to get the comments from a work item?  I have a client that would like the comments on a BIRT report.

Thanks

Comments
Donald Nong commented Apr 18 '16, 12:10 a.m.

I don't think it's possible. Note that you're "answering" in an old post, and not many people would notice that you are asking a question.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/219863/birt-reporting-and-the-comments-discussion-area

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.