It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Setting newly created attribute using bulk asset action

Duong Tran (13811) | asked Oct 17 '12, 4:41 p.m.
edited Oct 17 '12, 4:42 p.m.
 I have just added a new mandatory attribute to a certain asset type.  I believe I've done it correctly because I can now set this attribute on existing assets and also create new assets with this attribute.

However, I am having difficulty in setting this attribute when in "bulk edit" mode.  On the drop-down menu of the available attributes to set, I can see many other pre-existing attributes but not the one I just created.  Perhaps I have missed a step somewhere.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Oct 17 '12, 6:55 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is your asset type where you configured the attribute an asset type at your community level, or is the asset type configured for the attribute at the master repository level?

It looks like there is a bug for BulkUpdate that it doesn't take the assets community into account for the asset type configuration. So if the attribute was configured at the community level then BulkUpdate won't see it.
Duong Tran selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Duong Tran commented Oct 17 '12, 9:56 p.m.

I see what you mean.  This is what I did:

- Create the new attribute
- Add the attribute to the attribute constraint list for the asset type at the community level (via the asset type tab in community administration, override must be checked since this attribute was not added to the global asset type)

What I should have done:

- Create new attribute
- Add the attribute to the attribute constraint for the asset type at the global level (via the asset type item in the Repository Administration sidebar, note there is no check box to override global level since this is the global level)

Thank you for your help!

Rich Kulp commented Oct 18 '12, 10:29 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks. Could you please open a defect on this against RAM in Jazz.net? We should be handling community level asset type overrides too.

Duong Tran commented Oct 22 '12, 11:13 a.m.

Defect # 75098

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.