It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I display a link to the current user's profile in a dashboard widget?

Andrew Codrington (17733135) | asked Oct 17 '12, 10:55 a.m.
V3.0.1.4

End goal is to encourage more users to actively manage their team allocations and scheduled absences.

One thought was to add a bookmarks widget with a link to the current users' profile. Can I use {currentuser} somehow?
If I could take them to specific tabs that would be a bonus.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Oct 18 '12, 4:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 18 '12, 4:50 a.m.
Andrew,

In 4.0 you can use the project detail widget, it shows the users and you can navigate to the users profile and allows  to switch the tabs manually. I think in 3.0.1you can use the CCM Team Members widget to give users access to the profiles. You can have the About me on private dashboards. I don't think there is some way to compute the URL from the current user in the dashboard, but it is easy enough to reach the own profile in the top right corner using the navigation provided ootb.
Andrew Codrington selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Oct 18 '12, 8:49 a.m.

Ralph,

Do you sleep? :-)

What is the exact name of this widget? I see My Projects and Project Team Members, which takes me to the licensing of the users...

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 18 '12, 8:58 a.m. | edited Oct 18 '12, 8:59 a.m.

Sterling, sometimes If  I have to..... Which version of RTC?

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 18 '12, 9:33 a.m.

Here is the 4.x Project Details (CCM) dashboard.... But, odd, it does not apear to be a standard viewlet, but comes with the project dashboard. I had not realized that.

Project Details Viewlet

If I click at a member image I end up at the user profile.

So that leaves the CCM Team Members widget for general dashboards or the general access capability below.
Obviously the profile is always reachable here too:

Andrew Codrington commented Oct 18 '12, 9:36 a.m.

Thanks Ralph. We've got most of your suggestions in place. You and I both know it's pretty easy to get to the profile pages but when a user doesn't really feel like updating it to begin with and I have to describe a multi-click sequence ("See the little downward facing caret beside the picture near your name? What's a caret? It's a hat, but this one is upside down. No, not that one, the other one.... ")

The Project Managers and Team Leads are a little more motivated to get this info updated, but since I can't give them permissions to update other users' info I have to convince the users themselves to do it. Sounds like 4.0 will make that easier.

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 18 '12, 9:42 a.m.

Andrew, I suppose you are right 8-). I am not sure how to force people to. I have looked into the link to the user profile. The trouble is, it goes by internal ID and not by user ID. e.g. https://clm.example.com:9443/jts/dashboards/24#action=com.ibm.team.repository.viewUserProfile&itemId=_eO1TMLU8EeGdKP-ob3XZzw which makes it really hard to create a link that would be generally usable.

Sterling Ferguson-II commented Oct 18 '12, 3:39 p.m.

doh! sorry...,

I am in v4.0, but did not concentrate on that area. Still, the odd thing is that I went to my profile from RQM and RRC, and I can't find this option. When I chose the CCM part of the project, scheduled absences were displayed.

Is this an error? If I only buy RQM, what do I tell the user to do?

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.