It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I increase performance for RTC client?

Sandra Bernspang (15258) | asked Oct 12 '12, 4:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This might be a rumour, but I've heard about a potential setting for the RTC client that will increase performance somehow. Does anybody know about this?

2 answers

permanent link
Christophe Cornu (47123) | answered Oct 12 '12, 1:43 p.m.
There are many RTC clients...
For the RTC Eclipse client, a popular setting is to edit the file at <install>/client/eclipse/eclipse.ini and bump the -Xmx value to -Xmx1024m . This is useful if you compile large projects and is more of an eclipse trick than RTC specific.

For the RTC Command Line Interface client, you usually want to use lscm instead of scm to execute commands.

I haven't tried the Waddiwasi flag :-)

Comments
Sandra Bernspang commented Oct 15 '12, 5:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thank you Christophe, it was the Eclipse client that I was referring to. When I open the eclipse.ini file I see that the -Xmx value was already set to 1024m. Do you see any risks increasing it further?

Frank Ning commented Oct 16 '12, 8:21 p.m.

Hello, anything similar to this cfg in RTC for VisualStudio?

permanent link
Andrew Codrington (17733135) | answered Oct 12 '12, 12:33 p.m.
Did you try "Waddiwasi"?

Comments
Sandra Bernspang commented Oct 15 '12, 5:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

No, I haven't. What is that?

Andrew Codrington commented Oct 15 '12, 9:57 a.m.

Sorry Sandra. I wasn't being very serious there. I'll blame the approaching weekend... :-)

The rumour you mentioned sounded a little magical so I googled for Harry Potter spells. Waddiwasi was the first one I saw that sounded relevant.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.