It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Importing several Test Cases to RQM at once

Jurica Marasovic (1123) | asked Oct 05 '12, 10:05 a.m.
edited Oct 05 '12, 10:49 a.m. by Seth Packham (1.4k42213)

Hi,

I would like to write test cases in Excel and after that import them to RQM. As I write 300 TCs, I would like to import all of them to RQM at once, with single click.
In RQM I have
Construction --> Import Test Cases,
but then I have:
"Select the XML file containing a single test case to import:"

So, I have to import single test case 300 times.

Is there any way how to avoid this and do this all at once this?

2 answers

permanent link
Jerry Shengulette (63914) | answered Oct 05 '12, 10:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Are you familiar with the Microsoft Excel and Word Importer Utility?  You can get an introduction here: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter .

In general, you can create an excel spreadsheet reflecting your information for x number of test cases and a configuration file to translate it to RQM-understandable XML and then into your repository.

Installing it presents you with a set of Samples (see Samples directory) - none of them are "Import X Test Cases" - but you can use them to check out how things work and then create your own.

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Oct 06 '12, 2:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes that is correct answer, use excel import tool. You can find it to download from extra download section of RQM download.

The option you are trying
"Select the XML file containing a single test case to import"
works only for the XML which conforms to the schema of RQM's test case as specified in public API
RqmApi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.