[closed] login problem "not authorized"
we're facing a bad problem which prevents us from adding new user to Jazz.
Our "User Registry Type" is LDAP and we're synchronizing every 10 minutes our LDAP groups matched to the Jazz groups "JazzAdmins, JazzUsers, JazzDWAdmins, JazzProjectAdmins, JazzGuests".
This is working and we get any user we put in our AD inside the groups synchronized to Jazz.
But since some days (or maybe weeks?) we're facing the problem, that all newly added useers facing problems while trying to login to Jazz.
They get the error message "Error! You are not authorized to view this page. Forbidden"
Sometimes in the right corner where the name is shown there is instead the username "unknown" written.
The strange thing is the user seems to be correct there:
with the correct license:
The only thing I know which changed within the last time was that we changed the "Base Group DN" in the advanced properties to a more deeper container of the AD to get rid of our NightlyLDAPSync error message (decribed in https://jazz.net/forum/questions/87248/ldapnightlysyncservice-error-though-it-seems-to-sync-the-users).
And we changed the JazzUsers and the JazzGuests group matching to new groups in the AD.
But when I change both changes back to the beginning we're still facing this trouble.
Case sensitivity should not be the reason because we set in both (ccm / jts) the "insensitive user ID matching" option to true in both cases.
It would be very nice if you could help me with this because at the moment no new users can be added to our Jazz environment.
Greetings,
Simon
The question has been closed for the following reason: "The question is answered, right answer was accepted" by eickel Sep 16 '13, 1:07 a.m.
Accepted answer
We changed (like described in the first message) the JazzUsers and the JazzGuests groups to newly created AD groups which match our company wide naming conventions.
This group is written "A_JAZZ" and is the problem. Though it contains all users and newly added users gets synchronized correctly (that's how it looks like) they face the error when trying to connect.
Why? I don't know - but I think maybe the trouble is the '_'
Comments
One other answer
why is the e-mail address of the user unknown? This, I think, indicates an issue with LDAP.
In addition, as far as I know LDAP is used by several applications, the CCM/JTS etc and Tomcat.
The settings in the teamserver.properties are only one part. I think the Tomcat server.xml contains settings as well, when you set up LDAP, the server.xml as well as the web.inf files are generated and you have to replace them.
Have you looked into the logs? Any indicators there?
The log4j.properties of the applications contain settings you can modify to get more LDAP messags. Have you tried that?
One last thought. when setting up LDAP in the setup pages, there is a hint to a technote that describes how to test your LDAP configuration. Did you try that?
If all the hints above don't help, I would suggest to contact support.
Comments
Simon Eickel
Oct 05 '12, 4:08 a.m.