It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can you set the weight distribution of a test result from a command line execution?

Aaron Shepherd (37167) | asked Oct 04 '12, 3:13 p.m.
My team is executing python test scripts using the command line adapter and we now have a need to set individual weight distribution values of the execution's test result .  I know that we can use property files generated by the command line adapter to add output variables, update the execution progress etc, but I don't know of any values I can specify to set the weight distribution of the result.  Am I missing something?  Is there a way to set the weight distribution of a result programmatically using the existing adapter files, or do they have to be set manually after the result is sent back to RQM?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Oct 06 '12, 2:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Aaron,
Command line adapter does not support providing weight distribution to use that information while creating Testcase result. Please submit a request if this is something of high importance for you. RQM New Defect
Aaron Shepherd selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Aaron Shepherd commented Oct 08 '12, 9:59 a.m.

Thanks for the info Pramod.  For anyone who is searching for a similar solution, I have opened Enhancement 74365

One other answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Oct 05 '12, 6:18 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can set the execution result weight (see https://jazz.net/products/rational-quality-manager/api-doc-4.0/api-files/schemas/qm_xsd/elements/executionresult_2.html#r27) using the RQM Reportable API.

Unrelated, there is an interesting jazz.net article titled 'Integrating your test tools with IBM Rational Quality Manager using the command-line adapter'.

Comments
Aaron Shepherd commented Oct 05 '12, 9:52 a.m. | edited Oct 05 '12, 9:54 a.m.

Paul,  thanks for the answer.  I am sorry if I was not clear in my original question, but I am looking for a way to set the weight distribution from my test script as a part of its execution.  I am familiar with the reportable api, but unfortunately I cannot use it for this since the adapter does not create the test execution result until after execution is completed.  As such, the URL to which I would need to PUT the XML data does not exist during the execution.  We are using the integration discussed in your second link and I was hoping that there was some way of updating the weight values using those property files, but it appears that this may not be supported.  I wanted to double check and make sure that no one else knew of a way to do what I am looking to do before opening a feature request to either add support for specifying result information via the existing command line integration, or for the command line adapter to create the result at the start of the execution.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.