It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get RQM server information from a command line adapter execution

Aaron Shepherd (37167) | asked Jul 08 '13, 3:17 p.m.
In my environment we have two RQM servers: a production server which executes production level automations and is used for "official" test case tracking and reporting, and a development server which is used for testing code updates and new automations, and for verifying software update compatibility.  I am currently trying to write common utility code for providing basic REST/OSLC support to Python executions run by a command line adapter connected to one of these two servers.  Since my code cannot guarantee which server will be associated with the execution at development time, the executing server needs to be determined at run time.  However, short of explicitly passing the server information as an execution variable (which adds a user dependency I'd rather not have to deal with), I cannot find any way to determine which server the execution is associated with based on the execution/environment information provided by the adapter.

Other adapters provide this information by creating a temporary file which contains the full RQM Task information for the execution.  However, this feature seems to be specific to those adapter implementations and is not provided with the command line adapter.  Does anyone know of a way to programatically determine the server that is managing a command line adapter execution from the execution itself?  

One answer

permanent link
William Chen (31215) | answered Jul 18 '13, 4:46 p.m.
Hi Aaron,

Would two adapters (dev and prod) work for you? You can pass in each adapter by name or webId for script execution.

Cheers,
Will

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.