It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can't attach files to work items via web interface in RTC

Ankush Farkya (1133) | asked Oct 03 '12, 11:11 a.m.
Unable to add new file attachments to project area . I normally use the web interface, after selecting the file it shows an "uploading" message then displays a browser popup saying "can't save work item". Logging on to the desktop client on my PC, I was able to attach a file to the same work item without error (so doesn't appear to be a problem with the permissions or project configuration). Logging on to the web interface, I found I couldn't attach a new file either. I don't think it's a browser cache problem, as it behaved the same on different PCs.

Comments
Bo Chulindra commented Oct 03 '12, 11:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

@ankushfarkya: do you have access to the server logs? If so, do any errors appear in there? See here for help locating the server logs. Also, what version RTC is this?

Guillermo Hurtado commented Oct 03 '12, 1:50 p.m.

Is this issue browser specific? Have you tried to attach files on different web browsers?

One answer

permanent link
Kenery Wang (6411727) | answered Jul 17 '13, 10:51 p.m.
 Have you ever activated a customized plugin as precondition one to the RTC?
If so, please verify the code and try to modify it as below:

// save action
if (data instanceof ISaveParameter){
ISaveParameter saveParameter = (ISaveParameter) data;
IAuditable auditable = saveParameter.getNewState();

// workitem object
if (auditable instanceof IWorkItem){
The point is to verify the saving action just for a workitem object, since WEB UI will deem that attaching action as a saving action.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.