It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Associating Test Plan to the existing TER

Rama SCM (4111521) | asked Oct 01 '12, 4:07 p.m.
Hi All,

In RQM 4.0,  is it possible to edit the existing TER and associate a Test Plan to it? There are few TERs which do not have any plan associated, and we want to associate Test Plan to them.From my investigation so far, looks like this won't be possible.

What are the other options? Create New TERs.

Thanks!
Rama

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lauren Hayward Schaefer (3.3k11727) | answered Oct 02 '12, 7:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 02 '12, 7:27 a.m.
For TERs that have not already been run, you can change the test plan by doing the following:
1.  Go to Execution > Browse Test Case Execution Records
2.  Click Change Display Settings (the button on the far right below the Type Filter Text box)
3.  Add the Test Plan column
4.  Select the TER you want to change.
5.  Click the Change button in the Test Plan column heading
6.  Select the test plan

When I tried to change the test plan for TERs that had already been run, I got the following error message:
Some of the selected Test Case Execution Records have an Execution Result attached to them.
The Test Plan for such Test Case Execution Records cannot be changed.

For TERs that have already been run, you may need to delete the old TERs that don't have a test plan assigned and create new ones.
Rama SCM selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rama SCM commented Oct 02 '12, 11:31 a.m.

Thanks Lauren!!

Lauren Hayward Schaefer commented Oct 02 '12, 12:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You're welcome!  :-)  If my answer worked for you, you can mark it as the correct answer.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.