It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do users support HPUX development in RTC

Norman Dignard (356688168) | asked Oct 01 '12, 10:26 a.m.
We're looking at migrating from Clearcase to JAZZ tools.  We have quite a few users doing development on HPUX.

I would like to hear from anyone using JAZZ tools doing development on HPUX on how their env is setup to support these users.

From what I can see, my thoughts on this would be to setup a Lynix server for workspace creation/RTC usage and nfs mount them across OS's.

Cheers
Norm 

Comments
Chris McGee commented Oct 03 '12, 10:59 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

RTC does not currently support (as of CLM 4.0) HP-UX.

Loading your sandbox onto an NFS share using a supported platform such as Linux/AIX/Solaris and editing/compiling the code on HP-UX could work.

Be careful that you use only one RTC SCM client on one machine to perform the SCM operations on the sandbox (load, accept, check-in, etc.) Normally RTC SCM is able to create a filesystem lock to prevent two different SCM client processes from trying to work with the same sandbox but depending on the configuration of NFS these locks may not be propagated across the network.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.