It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BuildForge vs Hudson

Vitor Batista (1177) | asked Sep 21 '12, 3:17 p.m.
Hi,

What is the argument to use BuildForge as RTC build engine in place of Hudson? What features do I get in BuildForge. What integrations does BuildForge have that Hudson doesn't?

Thanks,
Vitor.

3 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Sep 21 '12, 4:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You may want to take a quick look at the key features of Build Forge here:

http://www-01.ibm.com/software/awdtools/buildforge/enterprise/features/index.html?S_CMP=rnav

anthony

permanent link
Vitor Batista (1177) | answered Sep 24 '12, 8:51 a.m.
 Thanks Anthony. I read the key features, but I still can't see the advantages of BuildForge over Hudson/Jenkins. Can you help me justify the option for BuildForge?

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Sep 24 '12, 5:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am not a Build Forge expert, so I am sure others can provide better reasons, but I do know that Build Forge is designed for managing large and complex (distributed) builds.  It also have good support for platforms such as the IBM z mainframes and other systems that typically are not supported by Hudson/Jenkins.  It also has links back into RTC as well as forward into the IBM deployment/system management tooling - for example, RAFW provides excellent support for deploying applications on to Websphere app server farms

What sort of things are you building, and what platforms are you using?  Perhaps if we had a better idea of your environment - we could be more specific.  It may also be that Hudson/Jenkins is sufficient for your needs but until we know more - it is hard to give good advice.

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.