It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What are recommended startup sequences for distributed CLM applications?

Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | asked Sep 14 '12, 10:44 a.m.
Hi,

We have CLM 3.0.1.3 environment something like this:

jts1 w RM and registered apps
         QM1
         QM2

jts2 w RM and registered apps
       QM3
       QM4

jts3 w RM and registered apps
      QM5
      QM6

Each line above are "independent" IP or port# on name aliased IP.   Over the weekend of Sept 2, the environment was stopped for DB2 fix pack, then restarted with scripts like:

/CLM.3/jts1/server/server.startup
sleep 90
/CLM.3/qm1/server/server.startup
sleep 30
/CLM.3/qm2/server/server.startup

Recently customer reports the connection from QM>RM is failing with this:

"The following problems occurred during the initialization process: No commands to run (More info found at entry [f430154c2fbc2c17] in RRS server log) Forbidden 403"

I restarted each JTS and the connection then worked, so what would be the recommended start up order so that JTS and applications settle into their respective grooves w/o need for further intervention ?

TIA,

Kevin

One answer

permanent link
Jerry Shengulette (63914) | answered Sep 21 '12, 3:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have not found any documented "startup order", indeed the documentation seems to intentionally leave that to you to decide with generalities like "start all applications". 

I recently started apps in a distributed setup in multiple orders without incident. 

I suspect you ran into something frustratingly random but if it happens again, I recommend capturing all logs and generating a support ticket for further investigation.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.