It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to associate Requirement with Test Cases in RQM 2.0 version using CFG file in ExcelImporter 2.0

Chandan Jha (911114) | asked Sep 14 '12, 6:25 a.m.

Hi,

I am  trying to export the Requirements and  its  associated  Test Cases to RQM2.0  using  ExcelImporter RQM-Extras-RQMExcelWordImporter-2.0.1.1-iFix2.

My  CFG  file which is used in ExcelImporter addins :----

testcase.XLSStartRow=8
testcase.dc:title=F
testcase.dc:description=G

testcase.XLSWorksheetID="TestCase_Sheet"
testcase.requirement=Link(A)

requirement.XLSStartRow=8
requirement.XLSArtifactID=A
requirement.dc:title=A
requirement.dc:description=B
requirement.XLSWorksheetID="Req_Sheet"

While exporting from excel using the above cfg file contents it  throws  following error:

Error: Configuration File, Line 11, Found a value that reduced to "Link(A)", but was expecting a value equivelant to a column, cell, or literal.e  error  occours  while exporting :

The same  CFG file works in 4.0 with this testcase.requirement=Link(A)  but  its  giving error in 2.0.  How to  assocaite the requirement with the test cases in RQM 2.0 version. Any keyword or command has been changed for this.  Can  you please  tell  me how to link requirement with the test cases  in CFG file  ?

Thanks-

Chandan

One answer

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Sep 14 '12, 6:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Excel Importer doesn't support Link modifier until 3.0.1,
I'm not sure if Excel Importer 2.0 support link requirement, if it support, it maybe self reference, and it doesn't support test artifact and requirement in different worksheets.

Comments
Chandan Jha commented Sep 17 '12, 8:15 a.m.

While adding TestCase from ExcelImporter we can add Test Case Description, Design etc. But there is no way to add the "Requirement" links even if both are in same excel sheet. I have only one excel sheet in which Column A refers Requirement and Column E is Test case. Please let me know how can we add link to the requirements in Test Case in RQM 2.0 version.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.