It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there an RQM plugin for Eclipse / RTC? The RQM Web version is very difficult to use efficently - newb question

Jonathan Crissey (1623) | asked May 16 '13, 8:10 p.m.
edited May 17 '13, 12:04 a.m.
As the title states.  I've been tasked to create test cases and scripts within RQM, the only access we are aware of is the web version.  Many times I loose data or have issues when editing or modifying test cases.

Currently I use eclipse with the RTC plugin to access our story, task, and defect work.. it would be very nice to get RQM added to eclipse too.

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented May 16 '13, 9:54 p.m.

Not that I am aware of...I believe you can only access the RQM process...

What version of RQM are you using?

Also, just wondering, what are the issues that you are having. 

3 answers

permanent link
Lakshmi Narayana (2739) | answered May 17 '13, 12:16 a.m.

Dear Jonathan,

there is no any eclipse plug-in to RRC and RQM till 4.0.2 version, we may expect in coming versions.

regards

LN

Comments
Jared Burns commented May 17 '13, 1:31 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think this answer may be confusing, so I'd like to clarify.
1. There is no eclipse client for RRC or RQM in any version of CLM.
2. There is no eclipse client currently in development, so I would not expect it in any future version.

permanent link
Jonathan Crissey (1623) | answered May 17 '13, 11:10 a.m.
Thanks for the comments! The main issues I've been having in RQM is copying and pasting steps into test scripts, also there have been a few times where I lost my data after the UI froze up.  Also using the web browser in eclipse accessing RQM and opening multiple tabs has occasionally caused eclipse to crash with a no more stack space error.

Thanks again!

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered May 17 '13, 12:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Jonathan,
One other option you may be interested in would be to create your Manual Test Scripts offline (i.e. in MS Word or Excel) and import them into RQM using the Excel/Word import tool

Here is a link to the Wiki, it will give an overview of the capability of the tool

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter

Ara

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.