It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to attach a single TCER to multiple test cases?

Jared Russell (1.3k12019) | asked Sep 03 '12, 7:24 a.m.
We have a number of test cases that share the same test script, and get executed against the same environment. My users have asked if there is any way to perform a single script execution and have the results show up against all of the related test cases automatically. Is this possible?

At the moment they are having to create an individual TCER for each TC (all linked to the same TS), and then executing each of the TCERs separately. From what I can tell it's not possible to link a TCER to more than one TC, but I figured I'd ask here to see if I've missed anything or if there are any alternative approaches.

Thanks

Comments
Sean Baxter commented Sep 05 '12, 5:02 p.m.

Jared, Your question intrigued me because I was on a similar line of thought at one point. I suspect you might be looking at associating multiple TCs with a single TER because of how ‘granular’ you are treating test cases… Is it because your test cases are focused and are able to be strung together such that a single test script (or test procedure) is able to cover multiple test cases?

I have had to re-think the approach a bit and have been experimenting with other ways to manage tracking coverage for smaller ‘test cases’ that can be covered as part of a single test case procedure in RQM.

One answer

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Sep 03 '12, 12:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jared,
TCER is actually a configuration of a Test case and Test Script is an implementation of the testcase.
If two of more test cases are using same test script, then there must be some reason you consider these separate test cases. I think the same reason applies why to create separate TCER for each testcase. If you think all testcases  do not have any difference then probably same testcase should be used for all.

-|- Pramod Chandoria

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.