It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

In RRC 4.0, when artifact is created from template, can the folder be defaulted based on the template?

Dennis Conrad (144) | asked Aug 31 '12, 2:58 p.m.
We are using RRC 4.0 and have over 100 artifact templates.  When a user needs to create an artifact, they select the artifact type that limits the templates available for them.  Once they select a template they also need to select the folder.  Is it possible that the folder could be set automatically based on the artifact template?

2 answers

permanent link
Jared Pulham (32113) | answered Sep 03 '12, 4:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is a good usability request. I do have to question the number of artifact templates. This number sounds abnormally high. You might have an issue with an uncontrolled development information model? Team members adding/wanting all sorts of templates for a uncontrolled number of models?

permanent link
Muhtar Akbulut (9111) | answered Sep 04 '12, 3:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Note that if you select a folder to show its contents, the create artifact dialog will automatically select that folder as the default to create the artifact. If you need to create a bunch of artifacts in a specific folder, navigate to that folder first.

Comments
Rogério Ramos da Silva commented Sep 20 '12, 2:01 p.m.

I think what Conrad would like to do is select the artifact type and automatically the folder which matches with this type be selected. I've faced this kind of question and appears to be a useful enhancement.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.