It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BIRT Report for Licensing table

Bala Jegadeesan (1356) | asked Aug 28 '12, 9:51 p.m.
Hi,

We've been trying to generate the report on the license type assigned for the individuals in the team.
  The BIRT reporting tool configuration shows that two tables in the repositories License Type and License Assignment. But when we select the License Type, it appears that it is not enabled for generating reports. Also, the License Assignment table gives the report with only few users. We found that half of the users are not shown in the report but those users are still active users in Jazz.

Please give a suggestion to generate the report for the license assignment of individuals. Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Vinay Kumar AV (17923837) | answered Aug 29 '12, 12:00 a.m.
The admin console has this built in mechanism to display license usage but this would not be sufficient.

Are there alternative methods of getting this data real-time? I am keen on this feature too. My account needs this report.

Comments
Bala Jegadeesan commented Aug 29 '12, 12:17 a.m.

Yes, we're looking for the license type assigned for each user. The BIRTgives this kind of report but we are not sure on what logic the report has been generated as it is missing few active users from the report.

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | answered Aug 29 '12, 2:45 a.m.
edited Aug 29 '12, 2:48 a.m.

I do not know how to do it in BIRT, but we do it with help of the Java API. If you are interest I may post a code Snippet.

There is also an advanced licensing in Jazz, which you can enable in the JTS Advanced Properties. With help of this we also build the last login information of a user. Look for the

com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.FloatingLicenseService

It writes a timestamp, with username into a logfile, for each license server activity (floating license only as much as I know).

Based on this two things we have a build job, which creates a license statistics HTML file and a lastlogin Excel sheet. The HTML graphic we display in a dashboard widget.

Comments
Bala Jegadeesan commented Aug 29 '12, 7:50 p.m.

Our license console in Jazz shows that 350 licenses are used. We would like to know the active team members with the license assignment for them.

Yes, Please post the code snippet and we will have a look. Thanks for helping.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.