It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Store build package in Management Console so it can be sent via HTTPS

w h (191824) | asked Aug 16 '12, 3:36 p.m.
edited Aug 17 '12, 9:40 a.m. by Spencer Murata (2.3k115971)
I thought I saw that this is possible, but I cannot find how to do this.  On your build server, after the package is built (say Java jar.) is it possible to send it back to the management console, then store that jar in BuildForge Management Console so it can be downloaded via HTTPS?  In our model it will be hard to open up FTP or Agent ports to transport it outside of our network.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Aug 16 '12, 3:55 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 There is no where to store it on the BF server.  It does not have any mechanism to store build artifacts.  If you integrate with RTC, then RTC can store the build artifacts.

~Spencer
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Aug 17 '12, 5:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 17 '12, 5:10 a.m.
I would still discourage storing the build output in RTC build results or in RTC SCM. I think https://jazz.net/library/article/807 and the related article describe a better way at least in various cases. I assume something similar is possible with buildforge.

permanent link
w h (191824) | answered Aug 17 '12, 2:15 p.m.
edited Aug 17 '12, 2:15 p.m.
Thank you for the responses.  We still havent integrated RTC fully into our solution, but these give me some good guidance where we need to take it. We are using ClearCase and ClearQuest for our SCM, so I think maybe we'll have to check in our packages to a 'package stream' and then access that view via CCRC, where we can still use HTTPS.  It's not ideal, but all I can think of without RTC.  

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Aug 17 '12, 3:48 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think the general idea applies to any continuous integration solution. I know some some customers store the buid results in SCM. If there is no pressing need I am less excited about it. Linking the results using HTTP(s) seems to be the better general approach. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.