It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Guide to setup Eclipse 4.2 for Jazz development (RTC v3.0.1.2)

Serghei Zagorinyak (482913) | asked Aug 13 '12, 10:59 a.m.
edited Aug 14 '12, 3:11 a.m.

Hi!

I've been trynig to setup Eclipse Juno (4.2) for Jazz development with RTC v3.0.1.2. But I can't even run Rational Team Concert on Jetty with it. The server starts and I can see the login page, but after that some libraries are missing all the time. I thought copying the dropins and features and plugins from an RTC v3.0.1.2 client might help, but no use. Will be grateful for any hints 

These errors look like this one:

com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceException: CRJAZ0098I The "com.ibm.team.repository.service.tests.remotetests.IRemoteTestService{/jazz/secure/service/com.ibm.team.repository.service.tests.remotetests.IRemoteTestService}" service failed. The server returned the HTTP error 404 with error text "Not Found". + a long trace

Accepted answer

permanent link
DJ Houghton (2663) | answered Aug 14 '12, 8:31 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As mentioned by Ralph above, although the Eclipse 4.2 build is not officially supported you still should be able to use it. Personally I use Eclipse 3.8 and I set it up by downloading and extracting the zip and then using the p2 repository to install into it.

Serghei Zagorinyak selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Serghei Zagorinyak commented Aug 15 '12, 10:07 a.m.

The P2 installation seems to have completed with no mistakes. Will try it out later and see if all the functions are present and running.

2 other answers

permanent link
Aradhya K (1.4k44345) | answered Aug 14 '12, 2:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi

I am using the Eclipse 4.2 with RTC 4.0 installed on it.
I have loaded the work items stream and able to run server and do all the development activities without any problems.
Going by the error you have mentioned looks like you are trying to run a Junit. Check your Launch and Target Platform once.

Comments
Serghei Zagorinyak commented Aug 14 '12, 2:20 a.m. | edited Aug 14 '12, 2:31 a.m.

The problem is that I need to install RTC v3.0.1.2 and the IBM installation manager fails to do it.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 14 '12, 2:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
My advice would be to check the system requirements from the getting started tab on the download page. Look at the Plan and Prepare section. If you check the supported clients you can see:

• Eclipse SDK 3.6, 3.6.1, 3.6.2
  • Eclipse SDK 3.5.2 [Bundled]

So using it in 4.2 is not supported. It might work, but there are no guarantees.

Comments
Serghei Zagorinyak commented Aug 14 '12, 2:47 a.m.

That's exactly why I'm asking if anyone knows how to make it work.

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 14 '12, 4:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Have ypu tried the P2 install instead of the IM install? Small chance, though.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.