It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"scm deliver workitemId" only deliver the first changeset, how to deliver all related changesets?

Jia Jia Li (8057152192) | asked Aug 03 '12, 10:49 a.m.
 If the work item related a couple of changesets, the "scm deliver workitemId" can only deliver the first changeset, if the work item has 3 changesets, should execute 3 times "scm deliver workitemId". 
How to deliver the all changeset at one time?

Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Aug 06 '12, 11:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Delivering a workitem is not supported.
You can deliver multiple changesets by specifying it in the command line as follows... "scm deliver <changeset1> <changeset2> <changeset3> ...."

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=181229 is used to track this issue.

Jia Jia Li selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Jia Jia Li (8057152192) | answered Aug 08 '12, 11:18 a.m.
Thanks for your information Shashikant, 
It is a shock this function is deprecated in new release...

I think it is a good function for scmer to auto deliver work item since some change do not need to be deliver.

I also add comment to the defect hoping to implement it.

There are some work around by EVAN, I attach here for other reference
There are a number of work arounds: 
- supply the CS aliases to 'lscm deliver -c' 
- repeatedly call deliver with the WI number as a parameter to '-c' (not recommended, we may get the ordering wrong)
- delivering all changes in the component

permanent link
Shimon Nir (241116) | answered Apr 14 '13, 6:55 a.m.
I could not understand whether this issue has been resolved in 4.0 or is planned for 4.0.3 or is not handled right now

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 15 '13, 3:21 a.m. | edited Apr 15 '13, 3:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as I can tell, work items only track change sets. So it is not supported to deliver work items as far as I know. In the UI you can accept a change set from a work item in your repository workspace if it is complete (or using a patch otherwise) and deliver the result.
You can find the documentation for the SCM commandline here. Deliver does only mention change sets.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.