It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to copy mapping of IBM Specification Build for IBM i

Jia Jia Li (8058157192) | asked Jul 31 '12, 10:00 a.m.
retagged Jul 31 '12, 1:56 p.m. by Kevin Doyle (60425)
 When set mapping in one build definition of IBM Specification Build for IBM i, can we copy or replicate the mapping information to another build definition?
Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kevin Doyle (60425) | answered Jul 31 '12, 1:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It is not possible to copy or replicate the mapping information from one definition to another. 

In V4.0 the IBM i Build Specification build definition is deprecated in favor of our new IBM i Dependency Build definition where you set System Definitions to represent libraries on your IBM i Projects and set a library prefix in your build definition.  This allows you to set a different library prefix for each build definition instead of filling in the mapping information for all the IBM i Projects in the build repository workspace.  This likewise fixes some additional issues like when you add a new IBM i Project and builds failed as no mapping existed at first.  Now that you set System Definitions to your IBM i Projects the mappings are set even before submitting a build.
Jia Jia Li selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.