It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Insight Report showing TERs with Blocking Defects

Jill Davies (241417) | asked Apr 25 '13, 8:48 a.m.
Hi,
I'd like to write an Insight report which shows the status of ALL Test Cases (i.e. TERs) for a particular test plan.

The users are creating TERs for each Test Case, but some of them have not been executed because they are blocked by a defect has which has been associated with them via the "Manage Blocking Defects" functionality.  Ideally, this report should include these TERs.  Is this possible?

Alternatively, I could specify that the users need to execute the TER, but then immediately press "Stop" to put the TER into an "Incomplete" state.  How then would the Blocking defect be associated with the TER in the Insight database?  Would there be an entry in the EXECRES_REQUEST_LOOKUP table in the same way as there would be for defects that were directly associated with the TER?

Thanks,
Jill

One answer

permanent link
Jun Wang (6077) | answered May 13 '13, 11:36 p.m.
Hi, Jill,

EXECRES_REQUEST_LOOKUP stores the relationship of request (defect) and test case result. Regarding your request the blocking defect of TCER, it stores in EXECWORKITEM_REQUEST_LOOKUP.

You can find the blocking defect of TCER from the query subject 'Execution Work Item Related Requests' in CALM+DW FM.

If you are using RQM 4.0 or later version, RQM OOTB Cognos based reports have include blocking defects of TCER into defect related reports, please refer to the WI Defect reports need to include blocking workitems (53894).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.