It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I load 2 folders of Eclipse project

Yehiel Glass (25548986) | asked Jul 26 '12, 4:53 a.m.
Hello,
I'm working on 2 folder from 37K files Eclipse project.
I don't want to load all the project - I don't need it.
When I choose 'Browse the component' on the load process, I get 2 different Eclipse projects !
I need to load them under the original main Eclipse project because they have shared output folder under the main  project and they are running together.
What can I do ?
This is critical issue for me.
Yehiel

Comments
Tim Mok commented Jul 26 '12, 10:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you clarify the component structure? This is what I interpret as what you have:

Component -> folder 1 -> folder 2

Both those folders are for one Eclipse project. When you load, it doesn't let you load as one Eclipse project and has an option to load each folder as an Eclipse project.

Is this correct in what the issue is and what you want to do?

Yehiel Glass commented Jul 31 '12, 1:30 a.m.

Hi Tim, I have Eclipse project with 3 folders in it. All I want is to load only 2 of the 3 under the same eclipse project - and not each one in different eclipse project. Thanks for your help.

One answer

permanent link
Hania Abd-El-Razik (262) | answered Jul 30 '12, 12:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can load parts of a component or project by right-clicking your workspace in the Team Artifacts view > Show > Repository Files.  Then navigate to the source you want to load and right-click > Load.

Comments
Yehiel Glass commented Jul 31 '12, 1:24 a.m. | edited Jul 31 '12, 1:25 a.m.

Hi Hania,
After I'm loading the files, I need to edit them and deliver the chnages to the stream while getting updates from my friends and making merges.
Your answer is good if I want to get a file without source control (like sending it on email)
I need to load part of the project files and work with them like I loaded all the eclipse project.
Thanks anyway.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.