It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Integrating RTC with Jenkins

Rakesh Dama (15212) | asked Mar 30 '17, 3:23 p.m.

Hi,

I want to accomplish CI between RTC and Jenkins.
For that I have the build toolkit installed and RTC plugin configured with build toolkit in Jenkins. Connection test is successful.

But now, I want my job to be triggered whenever a change is pushed to my stream. for that, I am looking for some option like "Build when a change is pushed to GitHub". I am not able to see such kind of options in Jenkins.

Can anyone assist me in this.

Thanks,

R Dama.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Apr 03 '17, 3:20 a.m.

If your RTC version is equal or higher than v5.0.2, this is possible according to the N&N https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/5.0.2?p=news#PreBuildChecks.
However it's not implemented on Jenkins side, but you need to create a build definition from RTC with Jazz Source Control selected. Then in "Jazz Source Control" tab of the build definition, you should select "Build only if there are changes accepted" Accept Options.

Rakesh Dama selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Rakesh Dama (15212) | answered Apr 03 '17, 2:18 p.m.
edited Apr 03 '17, 2:19 p.m.

Hi Wang,
Thanks for responding .
I want to avoid creating build definitions. So I want to check if there is something similar to git. like "build when a change is pushed to github" in jenkins.

But, I understood that there is no such thing for RTC.

Thanks again.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.