It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SCM command and work items

Jonathan Richard (611) | asked Mar 30 '12, 12:57 p.m.
edited Aug 09 '16, 4:31 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Hi

I am using the scm command line tool to manage my project/workspace.

I learned that you can associate a work item to a change set using: "scm changet associte" command.

The problem I am facing is that I can't find a way to list or create work items using scm. Is there another command or way to manage the work items?

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Apr 02 '12, 4:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
hi,

I am not aware that work items can be created with the SCM command Line.
You can use the Plain Java Client Libraries to write a mall java application to create work items. This link provides you with example code: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ProgrammaticWorkItemCreation
David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jonathan Richard commented Apr 02 '12, 9:25 a.m. | edited Aug 09 '16, 4:31 p.m.

Thanks for your reply. I though so. I will look into the programmatic mean of creating work items.

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 02 '12, 9:34 a.m. | edited Aug 09 '16, 4:32 p.m.

Just one thought, the SCM command can be extended e.g. to create work items too. There is a Wiki topic around creating new commands.
Another way would be to extend the build system toolkit. E.g. following http://ryehle.wordpress.com/2011/12/21/adding-a-custom-ant-task-to-your-build-toolkit/.
I would however use a Plain Java Client Library application. It could be put into the build component, automatically downloaded with the build and executed within the build. If you check in the library jars needed to run it, you have an automated deployment on the expense of the load time...

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 12 '15, 11:31 a.m. | edited Aug 09 '16, 4:33 p.m.

Here is a simple RTC Work Item Commandline.

Nayeem M commented Mar 12 '15, 1:05 p.m. | edited Mar 12 '15, 1:06 p.m.

It is possible to get the Work Item used to checkin a file?

$ /tmp/RTC/jazz/scmtools/eclipse/scm show history -r $uri -u $un -P $pwd-w $WS --component icdp_core_as "$pre/$eachfile"
Change sets:
  (1108) ----$ John Smith "GCI and RiskRating changes for SBULOC" 06-Mar-2015 03:17 AM
  (1109) ----$ A Json"Maturity Date saving changes" 05-Mar-2015 12:24 AM
  (1110) ----$ Roy Nahi "SBULOC Tsys Ownership" 25-Feb-2015 02:55 AM

History only give the comment and author..

Bhasker Tiwari commented Aug 09 '16, 4:24 p.m. | edited Aug 09 '16, 4:33 p.m.

Hi Ralph,

is it possible to retrieve the list of the work items assigned to a user who is trying to deliver a change set using command line?

I went through the article and could not find to retrieve the same.

Thanks,
Bhasker Tiwari

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 10 '16, 2:31 a.m.

The product RTC SCM command line only supports work items in the context of SCM commands. What can be done can be found in the documentation: https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC/clm_family_welcome.html .

The example RTC Work Item Commandline could provide query results, or you can code up your own solution if you like.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.