It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to uninstall RTC 3.0.1 Eclipse extension from RAD?

Tiia Laitinen (524) | asked Jul 26 '12, 2:10 a.m.
How to uninstall RTC  3.0.1 Eclipse extension from RAD?
I would like to install version 4.0 but it won't let, says uninstall old version first.

Accepted answer

permanent link
ankur sharma (66212228) | answered Jul 26 '12, 2:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
depends on how you installed it.

1. If IBM Installation Manager was used then you will have to remove it using IM only.
OR
2. If RTC client was installed using a p2 repository you can uninstall it from Help -> About... -> Installation details (button) -> Installation History (tab) -> revert (button) to a previous setup not containing RTC
Tiia Laitinen selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 26 '12, 5:08 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you installed the Eclipse client that shipped with RAD and did not install into RAD later, you have to uninstall RAD, Install it again without the client and then install the RTC client into it.

Make sure to understand if the RAD and the RTC versions are compatible.

permanent link
Tiia Laitinen (524) | answered Jul 26 '12, 5:22 a.m.
Thanks for answers.
I little bit thought that I need to uninstall RAD. Plugin is installed via RADs software install.
There is no other way to uninstall this plugin.

If I have installed some other plugins after RTC-plugins, and I do not want that this plugins will uninstall too, this case reverse configuration either can't be used.

It would be nice if could direct uninstall just to RTC-plugin.

Thanks for remind to check that eclipse and RTC-plugin are compatible =)

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 26 '12, 5:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Tiia, because of this behavior I would always recommend to not install RTC using the options in RAD, but to install it using IM later.

There have been several questions on this forum about compatibility between versions of RAD/RSA and RTC versions. I would suggest to search jazz.net and browse the forum hits.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.