It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

INS_ERR_0057 "IBM Cognos Express" is already registered

Rajaniesh Kaushikk (1123) | asked Jan 24 '17, 9:59 a.m.

Hi

I am trying to install COGNOS trial edition after downloading it from IBM site and getting this error

I tried deleting all the registry entries with COGNOS and also tried Procmon to understand what is going on but only think i understood is this:

cx_other_install_properties

#Feed back.
#Tue Jan 17 18:52:23 IST 2017
message=INS-ERR-0057 "IBM Cognos Express" is already registered on the system. Only one instance of this software can be installed.

cx_install_log

2017-01-17 09:39:02,008 [main] DEBUG Starting verifying other installations
2017-01-17 09:39:02,014 [main] DEBUG Starting verifying existing IBM Cognos Business Intelligence Developer Trial Edition installs
2017-01-17 09:39:02,965 [main] ERROR INS-ERR-0002 Failed to execute the command line
com.ibm.cognos.cxinstallers.EndUserException: ERR_ALREADY_INSTALLED
 at com.ibm.cognos.cxinstallers.preinstall.actions.CheckCognosExpressInstallAction.execute(CheckCognosExpressInstallAction.java:41)
 at com.ibm.cognos.cxinstallers.cli.AbstractCommand.executeActions(AbstractCommand.java:111)
 at com.ibm.cognos.cxinstallers.cli.AbstractCommand.executeActions(AbstractCommand.java:105)
 at com.ibm.cognos.cxinstallers.cli.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:53)
 at com.ibm.cognos.cxinstallers.cli.CXInstallerMainCLI.invokeCommand(CXInstallerMainCLI.java:138)
 at com.ibm.cognos.cxinstallers.cli.CXInstallerMainCLI.processCommandLine(CXInstallerMainCLI.java:103)
 at com.ibm.cognos.cxinstallers.cli.CXInstallerMainCLI.main(CXInstallerMainCLI.java:276)
2017-01-17 10:03:21,258 [main] DEBUG Starting verifying other installations
2017-01-17 10:03:21,264 [main] DEBUG Starting verifying existing IBM Cognos Business Intelligence Developer Trial Edition installs
2017-01-17 10:03:23,743 [main] ERROR INS-ERR-0002 Failed to execute the command line
 at com.ibm.cognos.cxinstallers.preinstall.actions.CheckCognosExpressInstallAction.execute(CheckCognosExpressInstallAction.java:41)
 at com.ibm.cognos.cxinstallers.cli.AbstractCommand.executeActions(AbstractCommand.java:111)
 at com.ibm.cognos.cxinstallers.cli.AbstractCommand.executeActions(AbstractCommand.java:105)
 at com.ibm.cognos.cxinstallers.cli.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:53)
 at com.ibm.cognos.cxinstallers.cli.CXInstallerMainCLI.invokeCommand(CXInstallerMainCLI.java:138)
 at com.ibm.cognos.cxinstallers.cli.CXInstallerMainCLI.processCommandLine(CXInstallerMainCLI.java:103)
 at com.ibm.cognos.cxinstallers.cli.CXInstallerMainCLI.main(CXInstallerMainCLI.java:276)
2017-01-17 10:25:42,841 [main] DEBUG Starting verifying other installations
2017-01-17 10:25:42,881 [main] DEBUG Starting verifying existing IBM Cognos Business Intelligence Developer Trial Edition installs
2017-01-17 10:25:44,870 [main] ERROR INS-ERR-0002 Failed to execute the command line
2017-01-17 10:50:53,725 [main] DEBUG Starting verifying other installations
2017-01-17 10:50:53,731 [main] DEBUG Starting verifying existing IBM Cognos Business Intelligence Developer Trial Edition installs
2017-01-17 10:50:55,404 [main] ERROR INS-ERR-0002 Failed to execute the command line
2017-01-17 18:27:58,123 [main] DEBUG Starting verifying other installations
2017-01-17 18:27:58,138 [main] DEBUG Starting verifying existing IBM Cognos Business Intelligence Developer Trial Edition installs
2017-01-17 18:27:59,121 [main] ERROR INS-ERR-0002 Failed to execute the command line
2017-01-17 18:52:21,773 [main] DEBUG Starting verifying other installations
2017-01-17 18:52:21,778 [main] DEBUG Starting verifying existing IBM Cognos Business Intelligence Developer Trial Edition installs
2017-01-17 18:52:23,219 [main] ERROR INS-ERR-0002 Failed to execute the command line

I also understand that it takes some values from setup.csp gile which is uneditable and if I edit it installation does not kicks off.

Any clue!!

Regards

Rajaniesh

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jan 25 '17, 12:53 a.m.

Cognos Business Intelligence is not part of the Jazz family, hence you will not get much help here. Ask the question in the dW Answers forum.
https://developer.ibm.com/answers/topics/cognos/

Kenji Sarai commented Jan 25 '17, 2:46 a.m.

Are you installing Rational Insight or RRDI (which have embedded Cognos BI) trial version? Otherwise, ask Cognos forum or raise a PMR for Cognos support.

Rajaniesh Kaushikk commented Jan 25 '17, 7:33 a.m. | edited Jan 25 '17, 7:38 a.m.

Thanks for your reply..I have posted this to RTC forumbecause I was trying to use COGNOS Report studio with RTC to create more customized report. Can you help me understanding the process to open PMR for Cognos support. As per your suggestion now I have posted it to COGNOS forum here https://developer.ibm.com/answers/questions/350755/ins-err-0057-ibm-cognos-express-is-already-registe.html ..I have also posted it into this forum almost 3 weeks ago but so far nobody replied to it.https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=68a67ced-4979-491d-a7d1-7bf40e804a93&ps=25 

Regards
Rajaniesh

Rajaniesh Kaushikk commented Jan 25 '17, 7:34 a.m.

Thanks for your reply..I have posted this to RTC forum.I was trying to use COGNOS Report studio with RTC to create more customized report. Can you help me understanding the process to open PMR for COgnos support.

Regards
Rajaniesh

Kenji Sarai commented Jan 25 '17, 11:04 p.m.

You should still post this question in Cognos forum, even if you are trying to create a Cognos report for RTC... As you are using a trial version, you cannot create a PMR. Please talk to your account manager if you really want to speak to Cognos support.

Alternatively, you may install RRDI (which has an embedded Cognos BI). RRDI is bundled with RTC, so you can install it without buying Cognos, and also create PMR (assuming you have RTC software subscription). RRDI includes Cognos Report Studio with pre-defined DW schema & reports. The problem is that RRDI no longer shipped with RTC since version 6.0. So you will need to migrate to new solution (such as JRS or Cognos ALM Connector) sooner or later. For the detail of RRDI, see https://jazz.net/downloads/RRDI/releases/5.0.2

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.